Here is my problem, I recently bought a mint locked iPhone 3G on eBay to use with my tmobile service and didn't know much about unlocking them beforehand, I am now quite a pro considering all the problems I have run into. First off I am running software version 2.2.1 with a 4.20.1 baseband. The previous owner had used a beta version of os 3.0 this explaining the base. So at this point all software unlocks are not possible, so I bought a rebel sim and it worked perfect except I couldn't get data to work, I finally took my wife's sim card out of her blackberry and edge appeared and worked almost immediately, so I knew it wasn't the rebel card. I popped my sim in her phone surfed around a bit on the edge network then put it back in my iPhone, lo and behold edge appered and I've been happily surfing since. My issue now is that I am back to work after the long weekend and noticed that my iphone doesn't have any service where I normally did with my old razr, it appears that the area that I work some 2 hrs north of where I live is a tmobile roaming zone and it's actually an at&t tower that my unlocked phone doesn't want to use. I've tried everything I can think of, reset phone, network settings, etc. but it just won't roam to any other towers besides the true tmobile ones and tmobile does slot of roaming zones. Any ideas?
    2009-04-13 08:02 PM
    Reset the Roaming network key, use rebel and your simcard together when resetting the network key and make a call before putting back o iphone.. Works for me when I travel
    2009-04-14 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD