User Tag List

HI can anyone help can i unlock a 3g iphone on firmware 2.0.1 but its been 2.2.1 with the modem firmware upgrade to 02.30.03? its been ipwned is there anything i can do? can i downgrade the modem firmware? any help please thanks guys
    2009-05-28 10:17 PM
    There is only a %50 chance you can downgrade the baseband.

Install "Fuzzy downgrader" from cydia it will tell you if the baseband can be downgraded and do it for you.

If it cant.....you cant unlock. You'll have to buy a sim-adaptor.
    2009-05-28 10:30 PM
    thanks very much your a star! bootloader 05.09 not supported at the moment!! balls

sorry to bug you which sim adaptor? is anyone better than the others? cheers
    Last edited by philfree; 2009-05-28 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-28 10:43 PM
    Out of the turbo sims I've tried rebel sim and the gevey 3g plus 2, the gevey is the best hands down works totally fine with any sim I've used in the UK including t-mobile, orange and i even tried a virgin sim.

If you want the link to the UK seller i purchased it from let me know it was around 12.50 for the sim.

Hope this helps!
    2009-05-28 11:45 PM
    Out of the turbo sims I've tried rebel sim and the gevey 3g plus 2, the gevey is the best hands down works totally fine with any sim I've used in the UK including t-mobile, orange and i even tried a virgin sim.

If you want the link to the UK seller i purchased it from let me know it was around 12.50 for the sim.

Hope this helps!
    pls share with me the link to the UK seller..i need a good working one as what i got from the US isnt working..thanks
    When ModMyi.com - your premier Apple & iPhone
    community AND
    The Dev Team MEET Apple, JAIL BREAKING,UNLOCKING AND DOWN GRADING OF BASEBAND(S) IS WHAT YOU GET....
    2009-05-29 03:15 PM
    You might be better off trying here ?

Latest Update for Jailbreak Software Designed to Unlock iPhone Handsets

I haven't tried this - but if you do let me know how it goes

if its not real then either they have setup webwire as well ?

Woops !!

I retract that post above just seen this

iPhone 3g unlocking software scams | Mobile Phone News by UKPS

it has site listed iphoneunlocking.org.uk which is so similar to one above of iphoneunlocking.com
    Last edited by tv_21; 2009-05-29 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-05-29 07:45 PM
    Why do these sites lie? The second link goes to an unlocking company saying all the others are scams and then goes on to say
    YOU CAN NOT UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE 3G 2.2 BY SOFTWARE
    Which is patently untrue.

All of these sites are scams. DO NOT USE THEM!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-05-30 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD