User Tag List

I made a moron move, I option restored my unlocked jalibroken 2g iphone to the 3.0gm torrent that came the last few days.

i don't really know what i was thinking, i just assumed it'd be fine like all the other firmware updates in the past, you loosee your jailbreak if you update, but you don't lose your unlock. I lost both, probably because the baseboard was updated, apparently you can't downgrade your baseband... which me my effed.

if anyone can help me out, id be really happy, this is my primary phone, and its unlocked in canada on fido, which sells the iphone, but never had anything to do with the first gen iphone.

please help!
    2009-06-10 12:38 AM
    I think your going to have to wait till the official release of 3.0 and then wait for that to be hacked...which is soon...and i'm 90% sure that iphone 2g baseband can NOT be upgraded...so your baseband should be the same.
    2009-06-10 08:58 AM
    You'll need to downgrade to firmware 2.2.1 using iTunes 8.1.1 or lower.

Put your phone into DFU mode and select the firmware using shift-restore.
    QuickPWN and you should be there.

Let me know if you're having trouble getting into DFU mode, for some reason on 3.0 it can be a little tricky. You'll know you're in the correct DFU mode when there's no USB-iTunes icons on your screen, it should be all black.
    2009-06-12 01:51 PM
    The 2G does not get locked - but it you can't activate it.
    There are ways round it but it's probably easier to just downgrade until Friday.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-06-13 12:13 PM
    So by tomorrow morning the jailbreak will come. I have a 2g iphone stuck in emergency call mode and have tried to restore down to 2.2.1 with itunes 8.2 cant get it to do that do i need a lower version of itunes to downgrade then jailbreak using quickpwn 2.2.5 or do i just wait for the jailbreak being released?
    2009-06-18 06:13 PM