User Tag List

So far every iPhone unlock forum, T-Mobile is the most popular carrier. Tons of people, right after their 2 yr contract ends, leave AT&T and go to T-Mobile.

I looked at the T-Mobile rates and unlimited data costs less at AT&T(Non-iphone plan). It costs about $30 at T-Mobile. I unlocked my iPhone and use it with a regular unlimited data plan for $15 a month, and can add messaging for another 15. I understand AT&T has bad coverage, but not by that much. So tell me... WHY TMOBILE?
    It takes 15 kepypresses to type "wow your such a fag" but 1 click to thank someone.

A download takes a while, so why not type "Thanks for the download" every once in a while instead of wasting time.
    2009-06-21 02:55 AM
    AT&T does not have bad coverage. I have been using them exclusively for many years. My job requires me to travel and I am gone more than I am at home and have never had an issue with service. We are talking remote locations too.

With that said, some people get better Tmo coverage where they happen to live so of course it would benefit them to have the best phone on the market available with Tmo.

Tmo is the next best thing as far as GSM coverage goes in the US so it makes them a natural candidate for service outside of AT&T.

I looked at Tmos prices and don't understand the hype.
    2009-06-21 03:47 AM
    It all depends on how much you are willing to make changes to your life. I use about 1100 minutes with ATT. All in all, my bill come to about 135/month after taxes and everything.

Now, with T-Mo. I have 600 minutes with fav 5. This is where things have to become creative. I have a VoIP system at my home office with my own PBX. I also have google voice / grandcentral. How do they come into play? PBX DID and GV DID each gets assigned to one of the fav 5s. Now all calls coming in or out from my google voice or my PBX become free. I use gvdialer to call out and I tell everyone to call me at my google voice number. PBX number is good for my office works. With my pbx DID and google voice, I use about 100 minutes (on calls other than google voice -- as in personal calls to family etc).

So my T-Mo bill with tax comes to 83.55. So I am looking at a saving of about 50/month. Yeah it's not 100% easy but you get used to it. I can live with 600/year savings.

I am now waiting for LTE. Hopefully, with VZ and ATT going that route (and hopefully T-Mo too), there will be a better choice and perhaps a better VoIP options. Only time will tell.

That's why I use T-Mo. If they can reduce my monthly bill to under 100 from ATT, I'd stay with them.
    2009-06-21 05:26 AM
    I have family shared plan. Total monthly bill comes to around $160 for 4 lines, ulimited txt messaging, tzones on iPhone.
    2009-06-21 06:16 AM
    ive had tmobile since i was 17 and they have always been good to me. im 25 now and i still have had no issues. plus, ive heard too many bad things about att both on this forum and from others. AND, they are a hell of a lot less expensive.
    waiting on my iPhone 6+
    2009-06-21 06:31 AM
    I've had T-mobile for about 2.5 years now.. Granted they messed up my Blackberry a bit.. The bill can not be beat..

1000 min's 59.99
    Unlimited nights and weekends
    Unlimited text 9.99 (should be more, but I was on unlimited before they upped the price
    unlimited Data 19.99
    89.99, plus taxes..

Coverage is not bad on my iphone.. only problem i see... when I leave a t-mo service area.. And ATT is Avil.. I can't pick it up.. Wondering why. I can get ATT just about all places, But my dad's.. My brother with an ATT iphone gets service at my dad's.. Right next to my phone.. Cincinnatus New York...

Other then not being able to get service sometime's, in crazy places.. T-mo has done a lot for me!
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.
    2009-06-21 05:04 PM
    Ok... I'm about to have a lecture... so bear with me.

First, I use tmobile because of a few major things:

1. it's cheaper because of the way I use it.

2. I love their customer service

3. They support unsupported devices.

How is tmo cheaper? cuz I use the myfaves 300, free calling to my 5 favorites and 300 extra minutes a month. Now, I hear you already saying "How the hell is only having 300 minutes saving you anything?!!" Well first, I take it my friend that you don't have a girlfriend/wife/both (those ******* never shut up) She's on ATT, and I still never get charged for the hour long Vag/Sister/Car making weird noise/Do you like me better as a blonde type conversations or another family member that does the same thing... (ahem.. Grandma, you dirty girl)

However, there's a beautiful loophole that I hope you too will be able to make the most of soon.

It's called Google Voice. (and currently it is not open to the public yet.. but soon! I got an invite over 2 years ago cuz I'm special and you're not )

It's a service from google (formerly called GrandCentral) that allows some one to call one specific number in any area code you desire, set it up as yours and IT CALLS ALL OF YOUR PHONES AT ONCE. Not just your celly, but your home, your girlfriends, anywhere you want! So you'll never miss a call. But that's not the beauty of it in the price part. First it's free, completely. 2nd, it allows you to choose whether or not you want the callers ID forwarded to your phone or if you want only your phone number to show up. Now the smarter people will have an "AHH!!" moment, the rest of you will say... "yea... and whut biotch?" or something to that effect.

See, if you take the personlized number that Google Voice (GV) gives you, you can add that to your favorites, and thus any calls made to or from that number are F R E E. so there fore, I pay no money what so ever for any calls coming from or too my gv number. So I only bay 39.99 per month for service, plus 20 for full internets, and 6 for unlimited SMS/MMS. so my phone bill is only 66 bucks a month give or take!

That my friend is why tmo is the shiznits.

The end.
    Last edited by phreakwenci; 2009-06-21 at 09:47 PM.
    2009-06-21 09:45 PM
    I've had T-mobile for about 2.5 years now.. Granted they messed up my Blackberry a bit.. The bill can not be beat..

1000 min's 59.99
    Unlimited nights and weekends
    Unlimited text 9.99 (should be more, but I was on unlimited before they upped the price
    unlimited Data 19.99
    89.99, plus taxes..

Coverage is not bad on my iphone.. only problem i see... when I leave a t-mo service area.. And ATT is Avil.. I can't pick it up.. Wondering why. I can get ATT just about all places, But my dad's.. My brother with an ATT iphone gets service at my dad's.. Right next to my phone.. Cincinnatus New York...

Other then not being able to get service sometime's, in crazy places.. T-mo has done a lot for me!
    You do know that there's a new plan right now that T-mobile is offering (released about 2 weeks ago), $19.99 for unlimited text + unlimited data. This would save you $10 every month...I'm on it and it works great.
    Last edited by adp; 2009-06-21 at 10:55 PM.
    2009-06-21 10:52 PM
    Nice. I am changing my plans once more.
    2009-06-22 12:01 AM
    Nice. I am changing my plans once more.
    $120 a year is worth hitting that thanks button
    2009-06-22 12:30 AM
    Some of us have grandfathered 5.99 data plans that make it worth it.
    2009-06-22 12:58 AM
    I get unlimited minutes, unlimited data, 400 txt messages, all for $67 every month.

The closest iPhone plan AT&T has to that costs about $120 a month with tax, which is what a friend of mine pays. A good customer service also helps.
    2009-06-22 03:25 AM
    I like TMobile because I am on prepaid. I don't like to be tied down to a contract and get charged for a lot of things and finding out later when the bill comes. It isn't exactly cheap for me because it costs me $160 for 2 lines with 700 minutes, myfaves, unlimited text, and unlimited data, but I'm happy to know it will always be $160 every time whenever I need it. When I used to be on Verizon, my bill would fly well over $200 for 2 lines and go as much as $450 due to using too many minutes or running over my internet data plan allowance. I've never had at&t, but that is because I don't want to be tied down to a contract plan and their prepaid plans are significantly more expensive than TMobile's flexpay.

TMobile isn't the best option out there (although it can be for varying people) but it's not a bad option nor is it not something worth considering too =)
    2009-06-22 06:27 AM
    I switched over to AT&T from TMobile back when the iPhone just debuted... I was disappointed in the coverage in my area... the internet didnt always work, I would get duplicate or quadruplets of my text messages which would eat up my text credits... and probably the worst thing in my opinion was the customer service... not only did they seem like they didnt know what they were talking about, but they have very limited hours of operation and I think are closed on Sundays and close early on the weekend... Everytime I needed them I got a automated message telling me to call back during normal business hours... TMobile is there 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Infact their automated operator will tell you how long the estimated wait is, and if you wish you can choose to leave a call back number and it will keep your place in line and call you back when its your turn! LOVE IT!
    2nd reason: Price
    With 2 lines on Tmobile(both iPhones)
    with 700mins
    Unlimited Data
    Unlimited TXT & MMS
    Unlimited Nights & weekends
    Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    all for $108 a month!

Now for only 1 line on AT&T at the lowest plan
    $39.99 voice 450mins
    $30.00 data
    $20.00 unlimited text
    the total comes out to $89.99 + tax... which is probably about $100 or more...
    so AT&T will cost me for one line as much as Tmobile cost me for 2 lines...
    with the 2nd line it would be
    $9.99 additional line fee
    $30.00 for 2nd data plan
    $10.00 additional for family unlimited text
    total would be about $140 + tax... probably about $150 to $160... for a plan with almost half the minutes...

Yet the 3GS is making me reconsider... LOL
    2009-06-22 06:49 AM
    Reznor....Same as me. I have two lines with tmobile

700 anytime
    unlimited text
    t-zones for both lines at 5.99
    free mobile to mobile
    unlimited nights and weekends at 7

im on flex pay, so I have NO contract, cant go over

and every single month my bill is EXACTLY the same, 121.86.

very nice....And the cusomer service is great...

I had att with the black jack before this, and sprint while I was in the Marines. None of these were even close. My bills for both of these would fly over 140 for all of the above, and that was with ONE line..

T-mobile IMHO is by far the best out there.., Now as far as reception goes for others, if tmobile isnt where you are, then I guess it makes no sense getting it..Though its never been a problem for me...
    2009-06-22 07:18 AM
    So far every iPhone unlock forum, T-Mobile is the most popular carrier. Tons of people, right after their 2 yr contract ends, leave AT&T and go to T-Mobile.

I looked at the T-Mobile rates and unlimited data costs less at AT&T(Non-iphone plan). It costs about $30 at T-Mobile. I unlocked my iPhone and use it with a regular unlimited data plan for $15 a month, and can add messaging for another 15. I understand AT&T has bad coverage, but not by that much. So tell me... WHY TMOBILE?
    TMobiles pricing is MUCH cheaper, or else I would switch. The $35 youre refering to included unlimited data AND messaging. The older plan was $20 for unlmtd data and $15 for unlmtd messages, they recently just bundled them together. I pay $80/month with Tmobile, on ATT I would pay over $100 for a similar service, which in my opinion is WAY too much. Also some peopl just dont want to switch do to existing contracts.
    2009-06-22 11:38 PM
    price is my reason as most, plus i've been with tmo since 2003, and i love their customer service...

here's what i have with them:

1500 mins 39.99
    1000 txt/mms 9.99
    unlimited data 19.99

i think my bill was like 78 bucks this month...att would have well been close to 115-120 a month...in fact tmobile just offered me, an long time user, unlimited minutes for 49.99, but since i never go over my 1500 i didn't think it was worth it to upgrade...service is great here, though it's alittle spotty up in the mountians, which is to be expected i guess
    2009-06-23 05:14 AM
    this is making me wanna switch.. T-mo sounds bawlinn! lol
    16GB Black iPhone 3G 3.0

15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.5.6

12" PowerBook G4 OS X 10.5.5
    2009-06-23 06:08 AM
    You do know that there's a new plan right now that T-mobile is offering (released about 2 weeks ago), $19.99 for unlimited text + unlimited data. This would save you $10 every month...I'm on it and it works great.
    hey, i read on the t-mobile website that there's a 100 MB cap on this account, have you been limited in any way?

do you have to use the old t-zones hack to utilize this?

thanks.

to answer the query of the OP, t-mobile's customer service is top notch. i've been a customer for five years now, and not once have i called CS and been unsatisfied. they always sound happy to answer your call and they never give you attitude. i think *one* time, some first level rep tried to tell me what i could and could not do with my phone, and i just asked to be escalated.

one dude sat on the phone with me for 45 minutes trying to get the t-mobilepictures.com site working for me when i first got my iphone. even sent me a picture from inside their call center thing, i still have it.
    Last edited by eserfeliz; 2009-06-23 at 01:32 PM.
    2009-06-23 12:51 PM
    hey, i read on the t-mobile website that there's a 100 MB cap on this account, have you been limited in any way?

do you have to use the old t-zones hack to utilize this?
    No T-Zones hack...I don't know what webpage you're looking at. I used over 300mb on my May bill and I didn't get overage charges. I already passed the 100mb because I regularly use Pandora now..still no over-charges. But if you still don't trust me here's the proof:
    Unsupported Browser
    2009-06-23 02:09 PM
74 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD