i got it working perfectly. view it here: Iphone OS3.0 unlocked on Tmobile, enabling Internet/Tethering/MMS - becoming me

1. Upgrade to OS 3.0 using this custom FW, already jailbreaked w/ Cydia and ICY. Download iphone OS 3.0 FW.
    2. Use Cydia or Icy, add source repo666.ultrasn0w.com
    3. Install Ultrasn0w
    4. Go here to Enable telnet and MMS Unlockit.co.nz. It does it automatically, and took 5 seconds to work.
    5. on iphone, go to Settings -> General -> Cellular Data Network:
    Cellular Data:
    apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    username:
    password:
    Visual Voicemail:
    apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    username:
    password:
    MMS:
    apn: wap.voicestream.com
    username:
    password:
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size:
    MMS UA Prof URL:
    6. Reboot iphone, and you should see the camera icon when youíre in SMS application
    It works for me - sending and receiving. Very good quality. I tried sending and receiving to Sprint & Verizon phones. AT&T doesnít work, so didnít try yet. Let me know if youíve try on the other service providers. Have fun and good luck.
    2009-06-24 07:30 AM
    Strangely I can only have one or the other working. Tethering only works for me when all three APNs are set to internet2.tmobile.com. But then my MMS doesn't work as that requires either wap.voicestream.com/epc.tmobile.com. When my MMS works, I don't even have a tethering option in Settings. But when I can connect via tether, I can't send any text messages. I have to change the APN's and run the mobileconfig for tethering everytime I want to tether.

Could it could be my internet plan? I am on the $19.99 Blackberry unlimited internet plan even though I have the 3g iPhone. (I use LOTS of data and wap just doesn't cut it)

Anybody know how to work around this?
    2009-06-29 01:28 AM
    I tried to d/l and install the mms program from Big Boss thru Cydia only to get the dreaded Apple Screen of death.

Been trying to restore my iphone, now it won't recognize or find any WiFi signal so I can't unlock.

Great.

EDIT/UPDATE:

I THINK this worked. THINK...

After jailbreaking again with redsn0w I reconnected to Itunes and set up my Iphone as a new phone, and just let my backup data go away. Let it reboot and sit for a few and FINALLY it found my WiFi.

I then quickly got back into Cydia and downloaded and installed the critical updates first. Let Cydia reboot. Then I downloaded and installed utrasn0w. It is working NOW.

I will NOT be downloading anymore Apps from Cydia or Icy for fear of freezing my phone...
    Last edited by MagnumSPI; 2009-07-09 at 03:28 AM.
    2009-07-09 02:06 AM
    worked on my other phone.
    2009-07-09 03:44 PM
    It is better to reset the "Network Settings" to enable MMS & Internet tethering after jailbreak (BTW for some reasons I lost all my music, videos, voice notes...but no problem I restore all my media backup files on iTunes).
    2009-07-09 04:35 PM
    I have the same blackberry plan and 3g iphone with 3.0 and i cant get my internet to work. I have tried internet2.voicestream.com, internet2.tmobile.com, blackberry.net and none of them work. Any ideas?
    2009-07-12 10:41 PM
    tmobile doesn't have visual voicemail, so it shouldn't work. although, with the G2, it might be in the work, so that might be soon.

anyway, for internet, my friend uses wap.voicestream.com and it works for him. i'm using internet2.tmobile.com and it works for me. kinda weird that it's not working if we use each other setting.

Black berry plan should be fine with these setting. it's not any different than the bundle plan. just less data limit, that's about it.
    2009-07-13 08:39 PM
    epc.tmobile.com
    2009-10-16 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD