Now before you say 'search', I already have. I'm not a noob at unlocking. LOL. I have an unlocked 3.0 3G 16GB.

I am unlocking a friends 2G iPhone. I have done many 2G's before.

After using redsn0w, it gets stuck at "BootNeuter: Determining settings". Has this happened to anyone before? This is my first 3.0 acting up like this. I have done a bunch of 2G and 3G with guides from iClarified and modmyi and still isn't working on this 2G.

What happens:
    1. restore via itunes
    2. launch redsn0w
    3. check cydia and unlock
    4. load bootloaders 3.9 and 4.6
    5. let it do its thing
    6. it finishes, phone turns on and just stays at "Determining Settings"

Any tips or ideas?
    2009-07-02 06:39 PM
    I've only seen this happen when trying to download bootneuter from Cydia after a jailbreak. Did you do a fresh restore to 3.0 before running redsn0w?
    2009-07-02 06:44 PM
    Yes. I did a complete restore from itunes itself (downloaded and installed). Than I ran the redsn0w with each step correctly only selecting install cydia + unlock using the BL files from modmyi (and iClarified). Still no go.

When I select only JB, phone works fine. Just not unlocked. So im just leaving it like this for now until I can come up with a solution. Is there anything I can download thru Cydia to help fix this? Basically right now, I am running the 2G phone with 3.0 jailbroken only with access to WiFi.
    2009-07-02 06:49 PM
    Try downloading bootneuter from Cydia and running it manually.
    2009-07-02 06:51 PM
    I downloaded bootneuter from cydia. Ran it manually and is still stuck at "Determining current settings.."

LOL this phone is whack.. any other ideas? I'm glad its not my phone but still would like to try my best to help out.
    2009-07-02 07:00 PM
    Last option... find a Mac and restore to a custom firmware.
    2009-07-02 07:03 PM
    I think I will do that. I just picked up a mini MAC. I do want to add that manually adding BootNeuter is at leat making the phone responsive. THe backlit works and locking/unlocking. Before thru redsn0w, it would just lock and freeze completely.
    2009-07-02 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD