So, a friend sold me his 3g (with 3.0). He wiped it clean (using the settings/reset).

When i got it, I jailbroke it and then unlocked it. Everything seemed fine. Then I tried to wipe it clean (using settings/reset), but now the problem is that it gets stuck at the apple logo. Seems to keep trying to load, the spinning wheel will appear and go around once before it locks up. After a few minutes, it flashes white, goes dark, and repeats the cycle. It's now been doing that for about 4 hours.

iTunes does not even see that the phone is there; it never shows up. After I unlocked it, I didn't install anything, or even try to run anything.

Does anybody have any ideas?
    2009-07-03 04:26 AM
    You cant use the "reset all settings" function on a jailbroken phone, it will SWOD.

Now your gonna have to put it into DFU mode and restore it.
    2009-07-03 04:35 AM
    Brilliant analysis, but I clearly have that understanding. How about some info about HOW to DFU?
    2009-07-03 04:48 AM
    ^Really? Cause you didnt say "Hey, how do you put the iphone into DFU mode?"....you said "Phone wont boot and I dont know why" basically.

But if thats the attitude you like to take when receiving help you can easily google DFU mode.
    2009-07-03 05:03 AM
    Sorry for the sarcasm. What I meant was, I can see that I shouldn't have reset it, but I just had no idea what else to even do since it's not responding to anything other than a hard reset.
    2009-07-03 05:24 AM
    Aight....try this:

1. Itunes open. Phone plugged in. Phone off.

2. Hold POWER button for 5 seconds.

3. WITHOUT letting go of POWER button, now hold the HOME button for 10 seconds (both held)

4. Let go of POWER, CONTINUE to hold the HOME button until itunes recognizes the phone. (should be 15-20 seconds).

Hopefully that will catch it. Then restore.
    2009-07-03 05:27 AM
    Whew. Thanks so much. This thing has been a hassle all day.
    2009-07-03 05:32 AM
    Ur welcome.
    2009-07-03 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD