Hello to all. Background on my situation; I have T-Mobile, a buddy of mine at work has AT&T. He gave me one 2g iphone when he upgraded to the 3gs 2 weeks ago. This phone he gave me had no sim card in it but still had his info, (i.e. songs, pics, etc...). Brought it home and followed instructions at iclarified using the 2.1 restore and pwnage folder downloads to unlock the phone. Worked perfectly in about 15 min. No complaints, phone works fine, my wife is using it with T-Mobile with no problems. So this brings me to my current problem. I got the other phone he had and was going to do the same exact process, but!!, when he had asked me how the unlock worked, I had told him at one point during the unlock procedure, the phone gets reset back to factory default emergency calls only status. So what does this idiot do, he takes it upon himself to go to itunes and restore the phone after his sim card is out and put the phone into unactive status emergency calls only. I have no AT&T sim card only T-Mobile, I tried the exact procedures I did before and I cannot get this to work. Itunes will not recognize the iphone since it is unactivated with no sim card. Help please.
    2009-07-09 01:16 AM
    buy a prepaid sim. or just borrow someone else ATT sim. thats what i would do.
    2009-07-09 03:42 PM
    prepaid att sim will not work to activate an iphone via itunes. I verfied this and it will need to be put in DFU mode restored unlocked via redsnow and follow prompts.
    2009-07-09 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD