Hello all, as you can see im new and this is pretty much my first jailbreak & unblock. I've run into a little trouble. I've jailbroke the iPhone perfectly fine, but a blocked o2 simcard in unfortunately.. and i did NOT disable 3g (im not using t-mobile, i wish to use a virgin simcard for now) so i installed cydia, installed ultrasn0w, and it allowed my to insert my virgin simcard, i get signal!! great!! the 3G sign comes up!! perfect!! then i try going on youtube for example, basically the 3g doesnt work? Also texts and calls do not come through, when ringing, what people get is something along the lines of 'Calls to this number are currently not being connected' and i cannot try to text/ring out as i have no credit! Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Deano.
    2009-07-13 01:47 AM
    What method of jailbreak did you use?
    Do a restore to the stock firmware in iTunes. Set the phone up as new and not from a backup. Run Redsn0w again. Disable 3g before installing ultrasn0w. Should solve the problem.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME
    2009-07-13 06:59 AM
    Ok, ive done what you said, disable 3G etc. and still no luck. Same result. And by which method of jailbreak, what do you mean? I just used redsn0w and followed the instructions, then went on to cydia and followed the ultrasn0w instructions. This is really confusing, i cannot get imcoming calls still. Please help.
    2009-07-13 03:21 PM
    You must do a full restore before attempting to jailbreak again. When running redsn0w, only install cydia, not icy.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    2009-07-13 07:11 PM
    I've done that form the beginning mate. I dont understand this at all. Thanks again for replying.

Anyone have any other ideas why its doing this??
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by De4no; 2009-07-14 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-14 02:12 PM
    Try going to setting and reset and then reset Network settings ... Should work
    . I Am the Random Thanks Collector So Please Press the Thanks Button
    2009-07-14 05:18 PM
    ok mate, i tried that and still no luck, also tried hard reset!!! :s
    2009-07-14 07:06 PM
    PM me, I will get on skype or ichat with you and walk you through all the steps to get this phone working again.

2009-07-14 07:13 PM
    PM'ed you buddy, cheers for this.
    2009-07-14 07:34 PM
    Just a thought but is your Virgin sim 3G capable, because some of the old sim cards need updating. if it is an old one put it in another phone and tell Virgin you are going to use it in a smart phone and to send you the new settings.

Just a thought mate
    2009-07-16 10:40 AM
    Hmmm true, but still doesnt explain the no outgoing calls or incoming calls? Maybe its because, when i'm restoring the phone, well i need the o2 simcard, which is currently blocked? Do you think i should get a new o2 simcard?

Ok guys, i think i know why now, i think the phone has been reported as lost or stolen so i think the imei number is blocked, what can i do from here? Cheers for the help.
    Last edited by De4no; 2009-07-16 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-07-16 04:06 PM
    Go to Settings > General >Reset > Reset all settings.

This will put the phone back to its out of box state and you should be able to start over.

But i would try a sim Card that you know is 3G capable first (Not 02) as i think it is your SIM and not the phone.
    2009-07-21 12:18 PM
    Go to Settings > General >Reset > Reset all settings.

This will put the phone back to its out of box state and you should be able to start over.

But i would try a sim Card that you know is 3G capable first (Not 02) as i think it is your SIM and not the phone.
    This will have absolutely no effect if the phone has been blocked.

If the IMEI has been blocked it is because the phone has been reported stolen or lost. The phone can not be used again (legally) on any network in the EU.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-21 01:41 PM
    Hello I'm new too and have encountered a simular problem, I have a G3 phone that was bought in the US ( unlocked ) I have been using it here in Europe and it worked for a while, I suddently lost internet connections, so I reset the network setting , that then locked out my SIM card. I have down loaded the new 3.0 restore softwear and redsn0w and when jail breaking I was still not able to use my SIM since there was a problem with "Icye" can't really remember the right name, anyhow I then went back into the settings and reset the whole phone !! well since I did that all I get on my iPhone display is the silver apple and the wheel that does not turn !! I need to get back to the setting that allows me to get into iTunes so that I can reload the newest version !! and so I am stuck, can someone please help me.
    thanks
    2009-07-23 09:50 AM
    Put your phone in DFU mode iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode
    Then restore your phone to FW3.0
    Then run RedSn0w 0.8 - do NOT select Icy
    Add the http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com to your resources in Cydia and install UltraSn0w
    Reboot and synch with iTunes.
    Do NOT restore from a backup.
    Enjoy
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-23 01:22 PM
    Thanks for the tips, I have realised that I completly deleted all the soft ware on my phone, I choose the 2nd option in the reset menu. That means that my Itunes does not even recognise my Phone. So to be able to follow your instructions I would need to get into iTunes ??
    thanks again for your help.
    2009-07-23 01:36 PM
    Have you put your phone in DFU mode? The first step in my previous post. That is how you get iTunes to recognise your phone. Just follow what I posted and it will work.
    2009-07-23 01:41 PM
    Thanks again, I was able to get the phone back up and running, exept the SIM is still not working.What can I do from here ? I did the whole redsn0w, 3.0, repo666.ultrasn0w thing but the phone still does not work as a phone !!
    2009-07-24 12:00 AM
    You have installed UltraSn0w? and rebooted?
    2009-07-24 12:07 AM
    yes, I was able to do that again as you recommendd and my Phone is back up and running !! Thanks allot !!
    Greetings from switzerland
    2009-07-24 12:27 AM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.