So im tempting to upgrade to 3.0 from 1.1.4
    I have a 2G iphone and last time trying to upgrade to 2.0 i ran into problems with my wifi not working after upgrading thus i stayed with 1.1.4 but with all the new apps im very tempted to upgrade so i need help on how to upgrade to 3.0 and am wondering if anybody have problems with upgrading and their wifi not working

Thanks!
    2009-07-14 01:55 AM
    Of course. There are always the risk of problems. Most of them got sorted out or are getting sorted out.

If you aren't jailbroken you can just restore to a stock 3.0 firmware and then restore it from a backup.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-14 03:40 AM
    im jailbroken
    so would i have to upgrade my current phone to 3.0 through itunes ?
    2009-07-14 05:46 AM
    I would SSH the data out using this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ken-phone.html

Restore it to a fresh 3.0 and set it up as a new phone. Then jailbreak it and SSH the data back it.

2009-07-14 05:58 AM
    I would SSH the data out using this: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ken-phone.html

Restore it to a fresh 3.0 and set it up as a new phone. Then jailbreak it and SSH the data back it.
    Neo, question. I have never used this method but I will from this point forward. Should I copy every folder in there? and then just SSH them all in once restored? Should I delete anything in the folders or delete any folders? please explain a bit more if you would please.
    2009-07-14 06:14 AM
    Here are the folders that I copy:

• AddressBook
    • Caches
    • Calendar
    • CallHistory
    • Cookies
    • Mail
    • Maps
    • MobileSlideShow
    • Notes
    • Preferences
    • Reminder
    • Safari
    • SMS
    • Voicemail
    • Weather
    • Youtube

Basically copy over anything that you will have on a stock iPhone after you restore from a backup. Example: Your notes will be restored if you restore from a backup so backup the Notes folder.

If this is your first time doing it I would back up the entire "Library" folder that contains all of these subfolders. That way you have everything and you can pick and choose what you want to SSH back onto the new phone.

The best part about doing this is when you say "Oh man! I forgot something. Oh wait it's right here on my desktop".

2009-07-14 06:23 AM
    ok i save all my data and then after what should i do ?
    restore my iphone to 3.0 firmware in itunes and then go from their to jailbroke?
    sorry if i sound like a noob just wanna make sure everything goes smooth since i had problems with 2.0
    2009-07-14 10:55 AM
    You download all of the data into a folder on your computer. Then you restore it to 3.0 and jailbreak it again. Install OpenSSH through Cydia and SSH all of the files back into the phone.

Ta-Da! You're done!

2009-07-14 10:43 PM
    ok so i got my phone upgraded but im having a problem with ssh the files from my comp back to the iphone...i tried copying the calender over and now my calender icon is gone in my iphone =S
    2009-07-15 08:14 AM
    Try going into Settings > Restrictions and Enable Restrictions and then disable them again. I heard that that makes hidden icons reappear most of the time.

2009-07-15 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD