i jailbroke my iphone 3g with the fimrware 3.0 using redsnow 0.7.2 for windows
    and i installaed the yellowsnow from cydia after i jailbroke it.
    but it says i dont have any service or anything.
    what am i doing wrong? can somebody pleeassse help unlock my iphone
    2009-07-30 09:19 PM
    You have to use Ultrasn0w with 3.0. Yellowsn0w was for 2.2.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...-released.html
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

I can't find Cydia on app store
    2009-07-30 09:30 PM
    do i need to have the sim inside the iphone meanwhile it downlaods??
    2009-07-30 09:34 PM
    ^It doesn't matter.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-30 09:35 PM
    it said to reload springboard and now its been on reloading data for about 2 minutes...
    2009-07-30 09:36 PM
    This is a wild guess but I would think that installing both yellowsn0w and ultrasn0w might've caused the conflict. Try restoring and doing it again. This time use redsn0w 0.8 and Ultrasn0w only.
    How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - redsn0w Windows 0.8
    Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - redsn0w Mac 0.8

2009-07-31 02:59 AM
    ^^But Yellowsn0w is supposed to just close if it's not on the correct baseband.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
    2009-07-31 03:03 AM
    I have a 2G so I wouldn't know that but now I do. Thanks.

2009-07-31 03:24 AM
    There is no reason to go through everything again, just un-install YellowSn0w in cydia.
    YellowSn0w does just stop running if it's on the wrong BB but as it would run after UltraSn0w it is not impossible for it to actually close UltraSn0w. It probably would conflict so just removing YellowSn0w should solve the problem.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2009-07-31 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD