hey, some of you muight think im an idiot but I just cant do this. I jailbroke my phone to 2.2 a while ago, and used zIphone at the time, and decided to upgrade, so I followed the guide, but every time I do it using redsn0w I get a blank screen when redsn0w says done. The iPhone is turned on, theres a backlight but its just black. if I turn it off and turn it back on again I get the connect to iTunes message..... Ive tried about 10 times and it just wont work for me. Im running Vista x64, and redsn0w 0.7.2, with an 8GB iPhone 2G..... I need to unlock it too by the way.....
    Sorry for this being my first post, Im just getting really peeved off at this :@
    2009-08-11 01:32 PM
    First, ziphone only unlocked 1.X firmwares, not 2.X. You must have used pwnage, quickpwn or winpwn. Anyways, the trick is to ensure that you have the latest redsn0w. Visit Dev-Team Blog and download the 0.8 version. Once the process starts, it will say "waiting for reboot". If your phone doesn't reboot, unplug the usb cable from your phone for 3 seconds and plug it back in. It should work and continue the balance of the process. If that doesn't work, run pwnage tool 3.0.1 and build a custom firmware or simply install 3.0 legally and use redsn0w 0.7. All of the above have worked on different 2G iphones that I have upgraded.
    2009-08-11 02:29 PM
    upgrade your itunes to 8.2 then download the 3.0 firmware from our forum here, just search for it, then also download the 3.9 and 4.6 bootloader, which can also be found here in our forum, just search it too.

then...

download redsn0w 0.8 , it is also here in our forum.

then...

1. turn on your device
    2. connect it to itunes and let itunes detect your iPhone.
    3. after it is detected, back up/sync your contacts to Windows Contact, so that you can retrieve your contacts later after this upgrade.
    4. after the backup, press shift + restore in itunes. the browse menu will appear and select the 3.0 firmware that you have just downloaded a while ago. and after which you must wait until your iPhone is fully restored to version 3.0.
    5. after the restore is complete, the "connect to itunes" screen will once again appear, dont worry about it.
    6. next, close itunes but dont unplug your iPhone from your PC/laptop.
    7. then, open redsn0w 0.8
    8. when you open redsn0w 0.8, you will do the following:
    8.1. click BROWSE
    8.2. select the 3.0 firmware and wait for the verification process to
    be complete.
    8.3. click NEXT, and select "Install Cydia" and "Unlock".
    8.4. click NEXT, and click BROWSE on 3.9 bootloader and select the corresponding bootloader, same goes for 4.6 bootloader.
    8.5. click NEXT and you will be directed to put your iPhone in DFU Mode, dont worry, if you click next, there is a real time instruction on how to do it, if you have done it wrong the first time, just click BACK and do it again.
    8.6. if you are already in DFU MODE, your iPhone will start uploading the jailbreaking/unlocking data on to your device, just be patient, this will take 10-15 mins. depending on your iPhone's condition.
    8.7. do not click DONE if the jailbreak and unlock process is not done yet, during this process, BOOTNEUTER will appear, dont be alarmed, just wait for it to finished updating your bootloader to 3.39. then it will restart automatically.
    9. after you have done this, then you can already use your device! Jailbroken and Unlock with 3.0 firmware.

Goodluck!
    2009-08-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD