I bought a 1st gen iphone on ebay that had been upgraded to 3.0. I have run redsnow per directions and had the phone running except "no service". Switched the SIM to the one that came with the phone and ran redsnow again, then put my AT&T SIM card back in. One thread said this would activate the phone so that I could make calls using my current (non iphone) AT&T plan. However I now have tha "Slide for Emergency" screen. Do I have to downgrad to 2.2 to get this to make calls? Appreciate any help.
    2009-08-16 08:04 PM
    I bought a 1st gen iphone on ebay that had been upgraded to 3.0. I have run redsnow per directions and had the phone running except "no service". Switched the SIM to the one that came with the phone and ran redsnow again, then put my AT&T SIM card back in. One thread said this would activate the phone so that I could make calls using my current (non iphone) AT&T plan. However I now have tha "Slide for Emergency" screen. Do I have to downgrad to 2.2 to get this to make calls? Appreciate any help.
    Is that the activate itunes screen? the one that just says itunes and slide for emergency?

When you take out the sim, can you basically use the phone as an ipod?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-08-18 04:59 AM
    I will assume it is the same screen I am at. It says "no sim card installed Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate phone." Is the phone ready to go or does it still need something done to make it work?

(Besides putting a sim card in it)
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch
    2009-08-21 01:10 AM
    Listen closely. You need redsnow since your on 3.0 already. Your halfway there once you follow the redsnow directions it will take about 5 mins to unlock it. The other way is Pwnage 3.0 which will put it in dfu mode completely taking it away from the slide to emergency screen and ready for any sim you have. You don't need any sim inserted while doing this. I would hope you stay on 8.2 itunes approaching this.
    2009-08-23 06:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD