Hi I have an 8gig iphone 3g that im trying to unlock on 3.0.1.,and I just jailbroke it using redsn0w 0.8. The phone seems to connect to my wifi and it has the 3 blue arcs to show that it is connected, but whenever I try and use the internet or cydia to get ultrasn0w it wont let me.Cydia says unable to connect and throws me out. Everything else seems to work though. I restored it and then jailbroke it agian and the same thing happened. Any ideas how to unlock and get the wifi working. Ive tried reseting network settings.
    2009-08-19 11:49 PM
    reset network settings BEFORE and after the jailbreak. make sure your doing a full restore and not restoring from a backup either. can you open up safari and get to websites there?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.
    2009-08-19 11:53 PM
    Your ISP may need to be reseted also. I'm guessing you have no 3G plan since you are using wifi. Try reseting your isp (your modem) and then, go into settings, network, wifi and click on the arrow on the right side to see the details of the wifi connection and pick "forget this network". Go back to the wifi page and re-enter your password. This should fix your problem. If it persist, then you will need to restore and redo it.
    2009-08-20 02:20 AM
    thanks guys i left it alone for a couple hours and it magically started working. thanks for the help though!
    2009-08-20 07:04 PM
    im curious....what router do you have. is it a belkin?
    2009-08-20 07:08 PM
    no,y?
    2009-08-21 08:11 AM
    just wondering. there are lots of security features available on belkins (like the one i have) that might cause an issue like this. it could have also been a DNS issue on your ISP's side as well. there are lots of possible causes
    2009-08-21 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD