Did I KILL my 2G iphone with Bootneuter 2.1?!

After trying for a few days to JB and unlock my 2G 8gig iPhone with redsn0w 0.7 and 0.8 using different itunes versions to put 3.0 FM, I still did not have any lock unlocking the phone to use with t-mobile SIM, iphone did not see SIM!

So then after visiting all kinds of forums and reading, plus youtube, I found that I might have needed to download and install BootNeuter through Cydia, did that, followed instructions and tried to Neuter/Flash 3.9 and 4.6 bootloaders with all things checked ON, and of course eachtime I did DFU mode restart and then Shift Restore in iTunes with 3.0 FM IWSP file I downloaded, and then JB and do the Bootneuter/Flash for each band I flashed each time, then on the last attemt I reflashed it on the same 3.9 band but turning OFF FakeBlank at this time, and it got stock in flashing with POP UP screen"Do not Interupt" screen for like 15min, so I reset the iPhone thinking it got stock with holding corner and home buttons. It reloaded for a long time.I checked and iphone general setting and the modem firmware and all the MAC addresses are gone, blank (See pics)! Now itunes does not recognize contents on the phone, and error messege comes up that it does not see iphone contents and when I try to restore the same way to get the update 3.0 on it so I can re-JB it, it give me error 23 !!

I tried DFU reset and SHift Restore to 3.0 or right to 3.0.1 through iTunes and it give me the error. When I went to Bootneuter it "Determins Settings" and give me error POP UP saying that it does not see CommBoard and Bootloader failed to communicate or something!! I tried re-JB the phone just like this, it completed with redsn0w and when at the end BootNeuter 2.1 came on and it gave me the same error that it does not see the Bootloader, then JB completed and I still have blank for everything in general settings, plus the Bootneuter app is gone from Springboard now, my Wi-Fi does not work either.

Did I kill the phone? Anyone had this problem and how do you fix it? Please.. I was ready to somehow downgrading it to 2.2.1 with quickpwn, like I origionaly installed for my wife and hse has no problem with 2.2.1, but now I am stock.. Thank you.

I found a [ame="http://www.iphonealley.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1936"]link here[/ame] from 2007 where the guy had same issue on iphone and people tried to help him, it is a little involved with command based apps like AppTappInstaller.exe, PACAY and iBrickr_0.91. I wanted to see if this is the only way or there is other way and newer programs. I hope this helps.

Here are screen shots:

2009-08-27 02:28 AM
    Try this link, it will have everything you need including all files, pics video the whole shabang.
    2009-08-27 03:16 AM
    thank you for the link but this is a basic tutorial guids to unlock a clean from the store phones not the one like mine that has bootloader problems and lost wi-fi connections, all MAC addresses, and modem firmware, have you read my post and see my pics? What is going on with my iphone? Did I brick it? Or whatever you call it
    2009-08-27 04:25 AM
    Yup, I did. You need to put the phone in DFU mode, restore in iTunes and then run the jailbreak. This will cure your problems. Sorry for not explaining more I was in a bit of a hurry before. Thought you'd figure it out.
    2009-08-27 04:28 AM
    i tried many times, I get an error 23 messege in itunes when I try to DFU and then Shift Restore or just restore to itunes 3.0.1.. I wish it was that easy.. When I tried to Jailbreak it and unlock it before like I stated I did this 20 times in the last 2 days trying to get it to see my t-mobile SIM, but I did not see it, so I kept trying and digging for new options untill I found a post about BootNeuter. Now after i turned the phone off while it was flashing the bootloader, now I lost all mac addresses and wi-fi and modem firmware..
    2009-08-27 05:30 AM
    You need the bootloader files, 3.9 and 4.6 look here.
    2009-08-27 06:04 AM
    Good luck cause when your IMEI, CCDI, Wifi and bluetooth are wiped, your phone is bricked. Back in the 1.0.2 days, if you were lucky you could have fixed it but all of this no longer works. Let me know if it works but my guess is your phone is now bricked. The same thing happened on one of my 2G iphones and I sold it as an ipod touch that could no longer make phone calls.
    2009-08-27 02:36 PM
    I tried to go 3.0.1 2 days ago and it did not work with redsnow 0.8. My phone was not working for 2 hours, so I went back to pwnage 3.0 and i am back to 3.0fw with full bars better than when I started with my 2G. You need to take a deep breath and document what works for you. I know that I can unlock and jailbreak 3.0 any day or night.
    2009-08-27 02:53 PM
    Good luck cause when your IMEI, CCDI, Wifi and bluetooth are wiped, your phone is bricked. Back in the 1.0.2 days, if you were lucky you could have fixed it but all of this no longer works. Let me know if it works but my guess is your phone is now bricked. The same thing happened on one of my 2G iphones and I sold it as an ipod touch that could no longer make phone calls.
    So did anyone ever fix these phones if you have this issue with 2G? It is a brand new phone. It is software problem at this point, there has to be a way to fix this going into the command line in the phone and reprogram it.

I tried to go 3.0.1 2 days ago and it did not work with redsnow 0.8. My phone was not working for 2 hours, so I went back to pwnage 3.0 and i am back to 3.0fw with full bars better than when I started with my 2G. You need to take a deep breath and document what works for you. I know that I can unlock and jailbreak 3.0 any day or night.
    well right now the problem is not to JB the phone is too fix bootloaders, and all the things that are wiped out as you see on the pic of general settings then worry about the JB

You need the bootloader files, 3.9 and 4.6 look here.
    Of course I have those files, I sued them 20 times trying to JB this phone like I stated in the first post man.

Guys what if I play dumb, since the phone is brand new. Uninstall the JB programs and go to apple store and ask them, I do not know what happened, my friend bought this from you, I know exact store, I tried to updated, it got stock, I unpluged it, and now this is happened?! What would they say or try to do you think? Do they have techs to look at it in the store, or they have to send it out?
    Last edited by PaneraiLover; 2009-08-27 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-08-27 03:27 PM
    any hacker or developer can help poor me?! Come on guys! I read the following 3 Threads and it was all done to the phones 1 year+ ago on 1.1.1 or 1.4.1 FW, did anything change, all those steps and procedures are a bit complicated and summerized, so I am a little conufuxed of how to do it, where to get those programs, etc..I mean I can find them on google or forums, but I do not want to download a bad file with virus or corrupted file that kills the phone completely. Can any one please take their time and help me with step by step, here are the threads I read:

[Solution] Corrupted bootloader, maybe? 1011 error, waiting for data! - Page 3 - Hackint0sh

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/226...-progress.html

[Solution][iFix1011] - Fix for iTunes with "1011" Restore error - Hackint0sh
    2009-08-28 04:00 PM
    You don't need to have duplicate threads. kThanks.
    2009-08-28 04:09 PM
    i was not sure where it belongs?! where do you think I can get more help
    2009-08-28 04:23 PM
    Can I somehow take the jalbreak stuff of the phone and bring it back to apple and exchange it under warranty? My friend returned his broken iphone out of warranty to apple, paid $250 for this one and returned that broken one to them, and sold it to me?! What if I can take all the JB stuff off, brinf it to them, show it to them that it does not work, and all baseband, and all mac addresses are gone, say that the phone got stock, I reset it, and got this now?! You think it would fly? Instead of trying to fix it? I have Cydia and Icy on the Springboard right now. I can go to Icy and delet all JB stuff, or I can't?
    2009-08-30 01:57 AM
    Cydia and Icy could be causing your problem. There are know conflicts with installing both. But errors in the 20's usually can't be fixed. May be a brick my friend.
    You will have to try to restore in iTunes and then perhaps try to deal with Apple.
    2009-08-30 01:59 AM
    so far it does not let me restore in itunes. If I would be able to get these programs off the phone, bring them to the store and play stupid like I do not know what happened, that I tried using it like an itouch without SIM, the phone is new, they can run seriat off of it and see that it was just purchased in that same store, I can get a replacement and put 2.2.1 with quickpwn like I did for my wife and it will work with tmobile SIM, since I was not able to make this one work with t-mobile SIM on 3.0 or 3.0.1 FW with redsn0w
    2009-08-30 02:16 AM
    Without me reading every post again, can you do anything with the phone at all? Like install from Cydia the app Cydelete to remove the apps.
    No way to restore in iTunes huh?
    2009-08-30 02:19 AM
    yea. I downgrade itunes to 7.5, downloaded 1.1.4 FW. DFU, Shift restore, it did not give me the 24 or 1660 error any more, it actually did some progress, it got passed that point, and I got a black background with white apple logo and flower on the bottom of the iphone screen spinning like it is in progress, then itunes actually said restoring iphone, then it changed to restoring firware on the iphone!! I am getting closer to something. This was last night, then I read this old sticky "1011 error fix (work in progress)" downloaded Mobile Terminal, iLiberty+, iPlus, iBrickr, and Total Commander. I launched iLiberty and try to follow the steps but got stock on not able to activate, downgrade, unlock, and JB, it said to first Boot something. Anyway, i reset the iphone while it was doing the Root Menu something, iphone started with bunch of codes running down the screen and before I reset it, I had a screen with itunes logo and a USB narrow head cable on iphone screen, and a pop up messege the iphone needs repair. So after that code on the screen, I went to sleep, Today I did the same thing, and the whole process took like 25 minutes while I had iLiberty launched and was watching the process on the bottom of iliberty as it said it was restoring iphone in DFU mode!! iTunes at this time was still on the restoring firmware, then iliberty said it finished the restore and it was in Recovery mode, iphone had that same logo with itunes and usb cable and same pop up, while itunes did not give me any error and still said that it is restoring firmware.

I used iliberty and pressed on jump out of recovery mode, it did successfully and on iliberty on the bottom it said normal mode ready, as itunes now had a messege to put a valid sim card in iphone!! Same as before I lost baseband and all those general settings and restored it 20 times to 3.0 before JB with redsn0w. As per that thread now I ran iliberty and select JB, Downgrade bootloader and clicked go for it.

itunes is still in the mode of restoring firmware!! eventhough it already said it is not seeing a valid SIM!! iliberty gave me an error communicating with iphone and said to make sure it is paired with itunes and it is in normal mode. Itunes sees iphone on the left side of the screen but still in progress restoring firware, iliberty sais it is ready on the bottom and it is in normal mode?! Hmmm.. I am following the steps correctly..

NOw what?! Also on iphone when I slide the slider I get the keypad like you get when you do not have the sim or the proper sim, asking for the code or dial emergency.. I click on info on the iphone it says IMEI: Uknown, ICCID:Uknown with POP UP Repair needed..

When iPhone finished restore without those errors and iLiberty on the bottom stated normal, ready eventhough itunes still had a pop up screen with restoring firmware, iphone had this screen:

when I ran iliberty in normal ready mode with itunes in the background, after itunes said put a valid SIM in iphone, i get this error:

when I reset the phone, and it turn on now I get these screens:

Last edited by PaneraiLover; 2009-08-30 at 10:01 PM. Reason: pics
    2009-08-30 08:30 PM
    For what it's worth, I have the exact same problem right now on my 2g. Tried all the exact same steps you mentioned with the same or similar results (i.e. none). It's been about a week so far for me. Tried everything: restore, shift restore, multiple firmware files, iliberty, winpwn, quickpwn, redsn0w, iplus, etc. (probably missed some). Sometimes it seemed like I was getting close, but no matter what I was using or trying to do, it always failed at about 90% complete (if I got any result at all), with some error or another. My iTunes error du jour is 1011 (which from what I read is one of the worst iTunes errors you could possibly get). Many people have suggested to me that it's a hardware issue, and that no amount of unlocking/jailbreaking/restoring with any software will work. I now believe it. I just bought the bullet and upgraded to new 3gs from ebay.

I'll probably save my bricked 2g for posterity so I can pull it out for a laugh like I do now with my Bell Atlantic Mobile Qualcomm QCP-820. Lol!
    2009-08-31 01:11 AM
    Just to let everyone know who is reading this, most all these 1011 problems come from interrupting Bootneuter. This CAN brick your phone. Bootneuter can do serious damage to your phone if you interrupt it or something goes wrong. This would be like turning off your PC while you flash the BIOS. I say this from experience as I had the same problem a while back and was able to fix it, but it depends on how much damage was done from Bootneuter. Some people have been able to fix it just from DU mode and restoring, some have had to run scripts from terminal, and some people have even opened up there phones to mod the chips that were damaged, either way these problems can be a nightmare to fix and show that you shouldn't mess with your hardware unless you do your research and know what you are doing.
    2009-08-31 01:37 PM
    ^Correct I only like 2G iphones because its the easiest to unlock and jailbreak. I had this problem and I ultimately sent off to a shop for a tech to restore unlock and jailbreak on another computer. I don't know why people mess with all these settings. You only need the bin3.9 and 4.6 during redsnow as well as the 3.0 restore ipsw and itunes gives you the 3.0.1. I would just get 8.2 itunes and stop going backwards. What are you trying to do with your iphone?
    2009-09-01 04:08 AM
24 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD