I have Iphone 3G with bootloader 5.08. At the moment I am running 2.2.1 with base band 2.28, jailbreaked and unlocked. It is running like a charm now but I want to upgrade to 3.0, 3.01 or 3.1.

I have upgraded to 3.1 with pwnage tool and then using ultrasn0w to unlock it, my baseband became 4.26.08 and I got full signal and again it was working like a charm.

The problem is that when I remove and put back the sim or even when I restart the iphone. I get no service and my iphone seem to be locked again. I tried to re-install ultras0w but with no luck. I kept trying and trying resetting, removing sim cards, repeat the whole process, full restore, and repeat the process and again I got signal but as soon as I restart the phone I go back where I have started.

So, I downgraded to 2.2.1, downgraded my baseband to 2.28 and unlocked it with yellowsn0w.

Am I missing anything here?
    Last edited by fadlennium; 2009-10-06 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Title not clear
    2009-10-06 03:48 PM
    do you give it a full minute to catch signal? how about hitting airplane mode for a second?

mine sometimes takes a little bit to catch service from a full reboot
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-10-06 04:07 PM
    ultra doesnt work with 3.1 yet..
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.
    2009-10-06 08:01 PM
    Yes a waited long time to pick a signal and tried the airplane switch but nothing worked. I tried this on 3.0, 3.0.1, and 3.1. Not only on 3.1
    2009-10-07 12:16 AM
    you have to turn off 3G in settings/network then reboot your phone and you will be back in bussiness hit thank you when done thanks

I have Iphone 3G with bootloader 5.08. At the moment I am running 2.2.1 with base band 2.28, jailbreaked and unlocked. It is running like a charm now but I want to upgrade to 3.0, 3.01 or 3.1.

I have upgraded to 3.1 with pwnage tool and then using ultrasn0w to unlock it, my baseband became 4.26.08 and I got full signal and again it was working like a charm.

The problem is that when I remove and put back the sim or even when I restart the iphone. I get no service and my iphone seem to be locked again. I tried to re-install ultras0w but with no luck. I kept trying and trying resetting, removing sim cards, repeat the whole process, full restore, and repeat the process and again I got signal but as soon as I restart the phone I go back where I have started.

So, I downgraded to 2.2.1, downgraded my baseband to 2.28 and unlocked it with yellowsn0w.

Am I missing anything here?
    2009-10-07 04:45 AM
    Thanks but 3G already off. I switched it off before I install ultrasn0w. Any other advices ?
    2009-10-08 12:00 AM
    hello everyone..I have an iPhone 3g..just bought.I jailbroke it with red snow .7.2 .it installed the 3.0 os now I used ultrasnow repo666.ultrasn0w.com and it ends up with two error.after that when I install ultra snow and reboot then it doesn't have any carrier.it shows searching...and nothing.I am not understanding what may be the wrong I did?if any one can help please?how do I find the baseband of my phone?thanks in advance.....
    2009-10-09 04:55 PM
    ^^Setting>>General>>About then go down.
    2009-10-12 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD