User Tag List

Hey everyone,
    I need your help! I accidently took my iPhone 3G and updated it. The current specs are as follows:
    8G
    Version 3.1.2(7D11)
    Model MB702LL
    Modem Firmare: 05.11.07

Question: Does anyone know if it's possible to either downgrade back to 4.27 OR, is there a way to JB and Unlock the phone in its current state?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!
    2009-12-29 03:08 PM
    A quick Google search for "unlock 5.11.07" or "jailbreak 3.1.2" would do you a lot of good. Instead I'll spoon feed you. Go to blackweather and download blackra1n. Use this to jailbreak your phone. Then use the blackra1n app to download Cydia and Blacksn0w for your unlock.
    2009-12-29 03:19 PM
    Thanks for the spoonful of information...however, I was quite misleading. I had already d/l Blackra1n and so far, no good has come to me. I have run Blackra1n twice and after reboot, no teardrop logo has appeared on my iPhone. I knew all about the blackra1n and blacksnow, but I failed to mention that I had tried these options b/c I wanted to see if there were any other options and, on top of that, any nice people out there. I appreciate your help, but one can always do without the cynicism. Thank you again for your help!
    Any clues as to why blackra1n is not showing up on my iPhone?
    Nevermind: 12:47pm - Saw a post somewhere else, gonna try hard reset and if need be, a full restore....again!

Ok, so thank you!!! I have successfully JBroken and Unlocked my iPhone. Now here's a questions for ya!
    I did the whole process with my Vodafone SIM card (Germany)in the phone. Now that I have completed all the proper steps my phone has detected AT&T service and my phone now says I am on AT&T. Above that, I went into carrier setting and I was able to choose either ATT or T-Mobile. And, I decided to try it out, and unbelievably, I have switched my service "on the fly" to T-Mobile!!! Weird, any clues as to what's going on? Will I be able to detect my Vodafone service when I return to Germany next week? All in all, it's pretty cool, but should I try to make calls on these services....for free? maybe outrageous charges will apply? Sorry for all the questions.
    Last edited by nypgt96; 2009-12-29 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2009-12-29 06:34 PM
    like stated in your other thread, you will get butt raped by vodafone for roaming costs...

and how was poseidon being cynical? Do you think your the first person on here to try to unlock a 3g on 3.1.2? Do you think your the first person to have problems with blackra1n?

In fact no body even helped you, you found your answer by simply searching.... So um yeah, talking crap when your at fault isn't quite the best choice, but none the less, good luck to you sir.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2009-12-30 02:22 PM
    Its fine, use blackra1n and if you have a reboot DFU problem then follow the this thread.
    Usman.aneye.ca • View topic - Iphone 3.1.2 iboot fix
    I did this and mine is working fine
    2009-12-30 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD