I thought i was having software issues so i restored to 1.1.2 (what i was running) and followed the jailbreak instructions, after i kicked it out of w/e that mode is called, it said waiting for activation then went to the home screen, but i can't make calls and att isn't showing up as my carrier.... i tried searching and i can't find the answer and i'm losing it, sorry if i missed it but i really need help here. thanks.
    2008-03-16 06:33 AM
    Your gonna have to give more details.

1. Are you sure its running 1.1.2 right now, did you downgrade to 1.1.1??

2. What method for jailbreak did you use?
    2008-03-16 06:36 AM
    Yeah sorry my mind is going crazy right now. I downgraded to 1.1.1 and i previously used the jailbreakme.com method, i did a restore, got the error 1015, used the program to kick it out of recovery, and upon restart, it said connected to itunes or w/e for activation, then it went to the home screen, but i can't dial, and att doesn't show up as my carrier although it is showing reception.
    2008-03-16 06:38 AM
    See, info is good.

There's your problem. The baseband version is different from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

So, when you downgrade to 1.1.1, you WONT get service until you UPGRADE back to 1.1.2, this is NORMAL.

Upgrade back to 1.1.2, then jailbreak.

Oh, and by the way, if on 1.1.1, install "oktoprep" from installer BEFORE upgrading back to 1.1.2, so you can jailbreak it.
    2008-03-16 06:42 AM
    Cool thanks, i forgot about the baseband being different. I recently started having issues with my screen not responding to touch within 10 seconds of unlocking the screen, so i made this attempt to fix it but its still doing it so looks like back to the apple store on monday......

Thanks for your help, i become somewhat useless when i'm stressed.
    2008-03-16 06:46 AM
    HAHAHA, hey anyone that has $500 slipping away wont be thinking straight!

If you take it to Apple, may sure you dont leave it jailbroken. They dont like that too much in them parts.
    2008-03-16 06:48 AM
    Yeah i had to restore it before when my screen cracked, following that i purchased a contour showcase, im gonna restore to 1.1.4 and just tell them i tried that to fix the problem if they asked why it has a fresh restore. Are there any good programs for removing trace info from a jailbroken phone or do i have to go in manually and delete stuff from my backup info?
    2008-03-16 06:52 AM
    There's no trace elements of a jailbreak after a restore.
    The only thing that can survive a restore is the code from an unlock.
    If all you did was jailbreak it, you're fine.
    If you unlocked it, then they'll know.
    2010-03-03 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD