User Tag List

I've got a locked 16GB iphone 3GS. Unfortunately whenever I use BlackRa1n, it starts the process and then iphone shows the itunes screen (in recovery mode). At the same time, my pc is looking for Apple Mobile Device (recovery mode) drivers. Obviously the drivers aren't there. I also tried using the usbapil file for installing driver, and also pointing to the \program files\common files\ apple directory. Nothing works.

I then need to use iRecovery to get it out of the recovery mode. Everything is fine then, but the phone cannot be unlocked.

Details of the phone :
    S/No : 87002*******
    Firmware : 3.1.2 (7D11)
    Baseband : 05.11.07

This version of firmware and baseband was pre-installed when I bought the phone.

Can this phone be unlocked ? Has anyone seen this problem before? Should I just use the phone as a iPod till a new exploit is found ? Is this because this was manufactured in 2nd week of 2010 and therefore has a new bootrom ? Shd I downgrade the baseband to an older version (if it is possible).

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I made a new post because I couldn't find the exact symptoms earlier in the forum.
    2010-03-02 01:26 PM
    Even I am having similar kind of issue.
    I got an iphone yesterday.I was able to jailbreak it but I couldn't downgrade the baseband to unlock it.

Any help would be appreciated.
    2010-03-03 05:17 PM
    People with the new bootrom are stuck with a "tethered" jailbreak. This means that each and every time your phone powers off and back on it will get stuck at the recovery screen and you will have to re-run blackra1n AGAIN to boot the device. There is no way around this.
    2010-03-03 05:59 PM
    Correct .. I don't mind a tethered jailbreak.

The problem I'm having is that when I click on "make it rain", the iphone restarts in recovery mode. But it does not go beyond that point and Windows Vista keeps asking for the recovery mode drivers. I have reinstalled itunes, but that does not help.

I also found this : iphone recovery mode driver ??? - Page 2 - GSM-Forum

I'm going to try and
    1) Uninstall Samsung PC Suite ( i hv it installed)
    2) Uninstall drivers, and install usb composite

Lets see if this works...
    Last edited by akkiman; 2010-03-04 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-03-04 01:29 PM
    do you have itunes installed cause that has your drivers try reinstalling itunes see if it works if not put you phone in dfu mode and make it rain
    2010-03-04 05:50 PM
    There's definitely something screwed up on my computer. I have 3 phones, a Nokia, a samsung, and now this iPhone. Even my Nokia USB drivers were messed up after trying to install the iphone...

So I think I need to get to a clean pc and then try unlocking the phone using blackra1n...
    2010-03-04 05:58 PM
    I would restart the computer then start blackrain no use in going to a clean computer. Be patient.
    2010-03-05 05:03 AM