Please,Help me...
    My iphone 3gs
    firmware 3.1.3
    baseband 05.12.01
    bootloader 6.4
    Model MC134
    only i see slide for emergency
    iTunes say ( " The Sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iphone or visit a supported carrier's store to receive a receive a replacement SIM card") i can not activate. i'm from Myanmar... Please,Help me.how i can do? i'm so tried. please,help me
    2010-03-28 11:25 PM
    Phone needs an official carrier sim card to activate it. You could use a prepaid sim card.
    2010-03-29 12:49 AM
    i was go thailand,i buy 2 sim cards,i put TrueMove & DTAC Sim Cards,i cant,that itunes say.
    Please Help me.
    i cant use my iphone 3gs
    2010-04-13 03:56 PM
    hey guys, i was just on 3.1 with att jailbroken on blackrain, i proceeded to upgrade to 3.1.3 and it restored normally but now im stuck at the slide for emergency screen and i cannot go further. im working on my third restore and update through itunes after i put it into dfu and still nothing yet. im starting to panic LOL because apple store close 23 minutes ago and i cant get it functioning! does anyone have any information for me??

i get this error: iTunes could not connect to this iphone because an unknown error occurred (0xE800000A)

wow, um im really starting to despise my windows machine! i go to my trusty mac and connect it.......... let me run you step by step how hilarious this was for me. my mac is sleeping, i plug in my 3gs and that magical connection tune sounds, my macs screen is hardly illuminated and my 3gs prompts me its activated and is now functional.. i then laugh out loud. IM SO DONE WITH THE PATHETIC PC MACHINE! who wants it im about to put it on ebay and ill pay you to take it, ill even throw in a charms blow pop and a steak dinner LOL
    Last edited by Sticky111; 2010-05-13 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-05-13 03:52 AM
    Okay, people, this WILL work. No, you cannot unlock your 5.12.01 phone for use on an unofficial carrier yet, but you can bypass official activation-- you can hacktivate. First, a little background:

I am a member of the 5.12.01 club, which is to say that I have a 3GS that was on 3.1.13 and locked to a foreign carrier. I am absolutely certain that I didn't store my hashes on Saurik's server, at least not deliberately. Perhaps it happened automatically before I got into this whole mess, but I am certain that I never clicked a "Make my life easier" link. I don't have a SIM card for the official carrier. Like many, I was stuck at the "Slide for emergency" screen. I had tried everything--all software solutions--even pleading with Apple and calling the carrier in a foreign country to which my phone is locked. Basically, what worked was a combination of forum posts scattered around this site, but here in one place, is what worked:

First, DO edit your host file to point to Saurik's servers. You can learn how to do that here.

Then, restore your phone through iTunes to 3.1.12, pointing iTunes to a local version of the firmware. You should be able to figure out how to do that by now.

You will get error 1015. Follow these instructions, but use the latest version of Quickpwn. You should know where to get that as well. Instead of using redsn0w, as that poster says, use blackra1n. Use it twice, in fact. The first time, it'll put your phone in recovery mode but will then get stuck on a black screen. Run blackra1n again. This time, you should see Geohot's face, and your phone will reboot into an activated state with the blackra1n icon on the homescreen. After you've hooked up to your favorite wifi network, you can install Cydia and whatever jailbroken goodness you want.

As I say, this will NOT unlock your phone, but for me, the "phone" part of my phone is only about 10% of its functionality. At least my 3GS is no longer sitting in a desk drawer and I can enjoy more RAM and a faster processor until the 4.0 unlock comes out and I can finally retire my tired old (but much-loved) 2G.

So, take your time, follow instructions, and be patient. I really think it'll work for you too since, as I said, I am positive I never intentionally stored my 3.1.2 SHSH file on Saurik's server.
    2010-05-14 12:22 AM
    Okay, people, this WILL work. No, you cannot unlock your 5.12.01 phone for use on an unofficial carrier yet, but you can bypass official activation-- you can hacktivate. First, a little background:

I am a member of the 5.12.01 club, which is to say that I have a 3GS that was on 3.1.13 and locked to a foreign carrier. I am absolutely certain that I didn't store my hashes on Saurik's server, at least not deliberately. Perhaps it happened automatically before I got into this whole mess, but I am certain that I never clicked a "Make my life easier" link. I don't have a SIM card for the official carrier. Like many, I was stuck at the "Slide for emergency" screen. I had tried everything--all software solutions--even pleading with Apple and calling the carrier in a foreign country to which my phone is locked. Basically, what worked was a combination of forum posts scattered around this site, but here in one place, is what worked:

First, DO edit your host file to point to Saurik's servers. You can learn how to do that here.

Then, restore your phone through iTunes to 3.1.12, pointing iTunes to a local version of the firmware. You should be able to figure out how to do that by now.

You will get error 1015. Follow these instructions, but use the latest version of Quickpwn. You should know where to get that as well. Instead of using redsn0w, as that poster says, use blackra1n. Use it twice, in fact. The first time, it'll put your phone in recovery mode but will then get stuck on a black screen. Run blackra1n again. This time, you should see Geohot's face, and your phone will reboot into an activated state with the blackra1n icon on the homescreen. After you've hooked up to your favorite wifi network, you can install Cydia and whatever jailbroken goodness you want.

As I say, this will NOT unlock your phone, but for me, the "phone" part of my phone is only about 10% of its functionality. At least my 3GS is no longer sitting in a desk drawer and I can enjoy more RAM and a faster processor until the 4.0 unlock comes out and I can finally retire my tired old (but much-loved) 2G.

So, take your time, follow instructions, and be patient. I really think it'll work for you too since, as I said, I am positive I never intentionally stored my 3.1.2 SHSH file on Saurik's server.
    can anyone confirm whether this works?
    2010-05-14 06:12 AM
    can anyone confirm whether this works?
    You should ask him to confirm by restoring it again to stock 3.1.2 and see if it works...
    2010-05-14 07:53 AM
    You should ask him to confirm by restoring it again to stock 3.1.2 and see if it works...
    huh? Are you being sarcastic(and saying he is lying)?
    2010-05-14 11:03 AM
    I am writing this on my 3GS which was restored to a stock 3.1.12 before I jailbroke it. Again, it is NOT unlocked. Not sure what I'd have to gain by lying...
    2010-05-14 01:06 PM
    I am writing this on my 3GS which was restored to a stock 3.1.12 before I jailbroke it. Again, it is NOT unlocked. Not sure what I'd have to gain by lying...
    Do you mean 3.1.2? If it is 3.1.12, where can I download the firmware?
    2010-05-14 01:36 PM
    I mean 3.1.12. You can download it from this site. Look for the download link up top. Be sure to select the fw for your phone model.
    2010-05-14 02:33 PM
    excuse my ignorance... but i'm kinda new to this stuff. I can't seem to find the 3.1.12 download link above. Unless it is this one called "iPhone 3G[S] 3.1". (And google yields no results as well).
    2010-05-14 02:43 PM
    Dude {minor facepalm}...see where it says "Downloads" up top? In the main menu of this site? ("News" "Reviews" "Forums" "DOWNLOADS"...) Oh, okay, here's the link.
    2010-05-14 03:29 PM
    Can someone help me with my iPhone 3GS v.3.1.3

I bought it second hand and now it is not working after I tried to restore it (normally on iTunes without clicking shift button). It was not jailbroken or unlocked as far as I know.

Now a sign comes up with iTunes logo and the "slide for emergency" notice. I want to be able to at least use it to play apps and listen to music on it.

After reading this thread I still don't understand what exactly I have to do. Can someone kindly tell me what it is that I have to do coz I'm going mad with this iPhone.

P.S. when I connect the iPhone to my laptop and try to restore it back to version 3.1.2 (by clicking shift and restore) it says that my iPhone is not made for that build. What does this mean and how can I fix it?

(Try not to get confused by this) When I connect my iPhone to my computer it refuses to restore to v3.1.3 through iTunes (without or without clicking shift) and then after turning it off the "slide for emergency" disappears but the iTunes logo is still there. Then once I try and reconnect it, it shows that it has found new hardware but I need the disk to install it - but there is no disk supplied. But if I try and restore it on another laptop it restores perfectly fine through iTunes (without clicking shift restore). What is going on? Your help is much appreciated. I'm new to this by the way.
    2010-05-15 02:14 AM
    I have the same problem as the above poster; it says that my device is not elegible for the requested build.
    2010-05-15 03:25 AM
    After I have download the link you posted, I am getting the same problem as other,"device is not elegible for the requested build".
    2010-05-22 09:43 AM

This worked for my unactivated 2G, even though I'm sure I never clicked on "Make my life easier"(or whatever) in Cydia that I can remember when I had it unlocked before I accidentally restored to 3.1.3 firmware...
    2010-05-23 06:46 PM
    This worked for my unactivated 2G, even though I'm sure I never clicked on "Make my life easier"(or whatever) in Cydia that I can remember when I had it unlocked before I accidentally restored to 3.1.3 firmware...
    Make my life easier is only meant for 3GS owners.....
    2010-05-24 07:11 AM
    I can confirm that this worked, and hacktivated my 3.1.3 newer baseband. Just wish I came across this topic a month and a half ago!
    2010-06-29 09:10 PM
    im stuck at 3.1.3 05.12.01 with 359.3 old bootrom and i need to hacktivate anybody else can say this works?
    2010-06-30 12:19 AM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD