Hey you guys,
    I don't know much about unlocking/jailbreaking iphones so please be patient with me and very descriptive.

I have a 32GB iPhone 3GS with a 3.0 firmware. I want to make it from 3.0 to 3.1.2
    Currently
    Version: 3.0 (7A341)
    Modem Firmware: 04.26.08
    Operating system: I have a Macbook Leopard Snow

Please tell me how I can make it 3.1.2 as I can't use most of my applications in iTunes.
    I know how to put the iPhone into restore mode.

What else do I need to do?
    - How do I get a 3.1.2 version?
    - How do I install it on the iPhone?
    - After installing 3.1.2 Can use blackra1n to jailbreak it/unlock it? as it's the easiest method.

Again, thank you for being understanding and descriptive.

J
    2010-04-11 03:04 PM
    Download 3.1.2 from a trusted website and put the iphone into dfu mode and wait for itunes to recognize it. You should only be able to press the restore button but DO NOT DO IT. If you do like many people did you'll upgrade to 3.1.3 and you'll be f...ed :] What you do is hold the shift button on your keyboard and then press restore. A window should pop out and thats where you look for your 3.1.2 that you downloaded and open it and then you use blackra1n to jailbreak which is really really easy just download it and press one button
    2010-04-11 05:42 PM
    Download 3.1.2 from a trusted website and put the iphone into dfu mode and wait for itunes to recognize it. You should only be able to press the restore button but DO NOT DO IT. If you do like many people did you'll upgrade to 3.1.3 and you'll be f...ed :] What you do is hold the shift button on your keyboard and then press restore. A window should pop out and thats where you look for your 3.1.2 that you downloaded and open it and then you use blackra1n to jailbreak which is really really easy just download it and press one button

I done what you said on my Iphone 3gs 16gb and when it is restoring to 3.1.2 it comes up with this message' The Iphone could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

What should i doo
    2010-04-11 11:58 PM
    Create or download custom firmware and restore with it.
    2010-04-12 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD