When I install blacksn0w and reboot I get thrown into a loop and have to restore all over again. Is there another unlock for 3.1.2 on Baseband 05.11.07?

thanks
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2010-04-22 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-04-22 06:08 PM
    This is the only unlock. Please confirm what iPhone you're using and that you're NOT on 3.1.3 with baseband 5.11.07 b/c this ALWAYS causes a boot loop. Are you installing blacksn0w from Cydia or blackra1n? Are you starting from a clean restore... as in you have NOTHING else installed on the phone when you install blacksn0w?
    2010-04-22 06:09 PM
    After all was said and done I believe that my base-band was corrupt. The multiple posts on multiple Iphone forums and installing various custom IPSWs with no success after installing blacksn0w gives me that indication that my base-band was corrupt. Here is what I did to restore, re-jailbreak and unlock my phone again.

1. Downloaded the un-jailbroke 3GS 3.1.2 IPSW. From what I read this is hit or miss as far as success for resetting or reinstalling your base-band. Either way it worked.

2. Followed the step by step directions to redirect i Tunes to Cydia instead of Apple while installing the un-jailbroke IPSW. Of course at some point cydia must have stored your code for you. Directions - http://*************/threads/95024-G...re-Firmware%29 I am not a programmer or hacker and found this to be a simple process.

3. Used a friends Mac to install Blackra1n- For some crazy reason my iPhone would stall or loop when I used Blackra1n on my PC.

4. Reset network settings and rebooted the phone to get the WiFi to work.

That's it. I can once again use my Philippines SIM card, 3G network and WiFi.

I see where others are having the same issue and I hope this helps a few.
    2010-04-22 06:10 PM
    try my post here. i might help you to get out a loop
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/701...t-loop-20.html
    2010-04-22 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD