Hi,

So quite a while ago, we bought two Iphones well... not from South Africa, and they worked fine until one person upgraded one. No Jailbreak was available, so it was bricked for a while. We paid close attention to NOT upgrade the other one.

A few months ago I remembered about the one in the safe and saw a jailbreak was available, thought had nothing to lose and used blackra1n to get it up and running and voila.

So waited a while, now I wanted to upgrade the older one since blackra1n worked well... but they released 3.1.3 and I'm not finding any sure fire ways to NOT brick a phone again.

So I am running version 3.0
    with modem firmware 04.26.08

I would like to upgrade to anything really... does anyone have any help for me on this?

Version 3.0 I am running is unlocked and working fine, but there are some serious reception issues compared with the other 3 iphones my friends have... so an upgrade would hopefully assist.

Please if someone has some help for me to Upgrade and Unlock this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance ppl.

(PS: have a PC and Mac available)
    2010-04-24 09:38 PM
    Hi

You can upgrade via a CustomFrimWare 3.1.2 downloadable over Google.
    One that doesnt update your baseband.
    You download it and save it on ya desktop and unzip it if necessary.
    Then you flash via iTunes, iPhone in Restore-Mode.
    You can do that by holding "shift" while clicking Restore in iTunes.

The CFW can be activated, when you dont have an Original-SIM to activate or it can be non-activated if you have that SIM.

After that you should have a WI-Fi connection to upgrade Cydia completely.
    After that please install source repo666.ultrasn0w.com in Cydia and install ultrasn0w afterwards.
    Restart ya iPhone.

Enjoy ya unlocked iPhone.
    2010-04-25 03:36 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the response.

hhmm so if i go that way, it will not upgrade modem firmware? So it would kinda of defeat the point of my upgrade

I am also a bit worried as many sites explain how after every restore/upgrade Apple verifies and signs it. So I'm a bit worried that it they won't sign a 3.1.2 at this stage.
    2010-04-25 09:27 PM
    Hi

YW so far.

There are CFWs out there that dont upgrade your baseband.
    When i use a cfw on the devices i already fixed there was no verification for the already jailbroken CFW.

CFW part 1: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    CFW part 2: RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting

It doesnt upgrade ya baseband, no verification via Apple.

Plz be sure to bring your iPhone in Restore-Mode and flash the CFW in iTunes by holding "shift" and click: Restore.
    My iTunes is german, lol, you know what i mean.

If it doesnt work you didnt lose anything. We will start the process again and it will wor out right.

Greetz

Greets
    2010-04-25 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD