There was a time where I was active in the jailbreak/unlock community, but that time has come and gone... LOL

So I ask for a bit of help from you all. I have a 3GS jailbroken and unlocked on 3.0 firmware (yes, from launch, never upgraded as I didn't see a need to). I have sold it and was going to just keep it as is (while wiping my data under settings). This wipe prompted a reboot and I am now in an endless loop of the Apple logo. I have tried all tricks I can find to get it out of that, to no avail. I have pretty much conceded that I need to upgrade firmswares to 3.1.3 This is fine, but I don't want to botch things up since I do believe I only have one shot if I want it unlocked. I was going to use THIS (snowbreeze) method to jailbreak and unlock, I am just not sure if that will get me what I want. I understand that I DO NOT want to upgrade the baseband. Will following the steps in the tutorial accomplish this? (it wasn't clear on that not - at least not to me) I need to be shipping this out tonight, so any speedy help is appreciated!

Went ahead and did it. Worked like a charm. Don't kike MyWi as much as I liked the stock tethering options though.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2010-06-03 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings
    2010-06-03 05:57 PM
    There was a time where I was active in the jailbreak/unlock community, but that time has come and gone... LOL

So I ask for a bit of help from you all. I have a 3GS jailbroken and unlocked on 3.0 firmware (yes, from launch, never upgraded as I didn't see a need to). I have sold it and was going to just keep it as is (while wiping my data under settings). This wipe prompted a reboot and I am now in an endless loop of the Apple logo. I have tried all tricks I can find to get it out of that, to no avail. I have pretty much conceded that I need to upgrade firmswares to 3.1.3 This is fine, but I don't want to botch things up since I do believe I only have one shot if I want it unlocked. I was going to use THIS (snowbreeze) method to jailbreak and unlock, I am just not sure if that will get me what I want. I understand that I DO NOT want to upgrade the baseband. Will following the steps in the tutorial accomplish this? (it wasn't clear on that not - at least not to me) I need to be shipping this out tonight, so any speedy help is appreciated!

Went ahead and did it. Worked like a charm. Don't kike MyWi as much as I liked the stock tethering options though.
    I would have recommended the same method too. You made your right choice...
    2010-06-04 12:21 AM
    ... but with MiWi you can turn your phone into a hotspot.. couldn't do that with the stock tether mode.
    2010-06-04 01:07 AM
    ya mywi is boss
    2010-06-04 01:20 AM
    Make sure you use the file that sn0wbreeze makes. I didn't know that it would create a new custom FW on my desktop. I thought it would patch whatever file I asked it to instead. I had to do this because my phone was like yours; stuck in the endless reboot sequence. Anyway, I updated using the FW I selected, b/c I thought it was sn0wbreezed. My phone ended up being locked to AT&T.
    2010-06-04 01:23 AM
    Make sure you use the file that sn0wbreeze makes. I didn't know that it would create a new custom FW on my desktop. I thought it would patch whatever file I asked it to instead. I had to do this because my phone was like yours; stuck in the endless reboot sequence. Anyway, I updated using the FW I selected, b/c I thought it was sn0wbreezed. My phone ended up being locked to AT&T.
    When we are dealing with restoring iphone , we always do a Shift + Restore or Alt + Restore. A one touch restore in Itunes will definitely brings you to the latest version of Stock Apple Frirmware. Oh, well atlesat you learn the first lesson not to do a one Touch Restore. ..LOL
    2010-06-04 03:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.