User Tag List

Having the same problem. I have a 3gs with 4.0 and keep getting the emergency call only screen.
    Tried downgrading to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 but unable to - get an error before it restores.

anyone know any other tips/options?
    2010-06-24 02:41 PM
    Having the same problem. I have a 3gs with 4.0 and keep getting the emergency call only screen.
    Tried downgrading to 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 but unable to - get an error before it restores.

anyone know any other tips/options?
    Guys,

The only reason I am writing this, is to clear a few points for you all, as I too have had the same problem.

Firstly, I think it needs to be made clear, that the 3GS NEW BOOTROM, can NOT be hacktivated at this time, unlocked yes, but not hacktivated. Only the 3GS OLD BOOTROM.

The sure fire way of telling if you have the old bootrom or new bootrom is when it comes to loading the hacktivated ipsw to your phone, if iTunes kicks up a 16xx error, you have the new bootrom, and will not be able to hacktivate your phone.

There is a slightly positive note to this though, on my research into all this, I came across GeoHot's website, and on there recently, he did announce that not only has he found an exploit for ALL idevices, but a program MAY be in the pipeline that will hacktivate, and unlock all current idevices, including 3gs new and old bootrom, this program will be called 'pwn4life', or may even be an updated Blackra1n/Spirit program.

Unfortunately, there is no release date, and the dev team won't make a hacktivation for the 3gs NEW Bootrom as they beleive the exploit that this can be made for is not publically available..... GeoHot obviously thinks differently

So now unfortunately, the only thing we can do (inculding myself) is wait and see if the program will eventually be made, and of course, if it works.

I hope that clears things up for you all, and sorry that the news is not good! But as I said, I did a lot of research into this, so I thought it best to let you all know how it all works, and what the possibilties are.

If I hear anything else, or if anyone I know has had success with hacktivating a NEW bootrom phone, I will let you all know.
    2010-06-24 04:27 PM
22 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD