Hello
    I am facing a big problem.I have new 3gs iphone from last 3 weeks or more but i am unable to use it.My phoen info is
    I cannot activated because i dont have the official sim card.Yesterday i read in soem forums that unlocked for 5.09 and above is out and is working fine.But as i read for unlock ur phoen must eb jail break but i cannot even activate my iphone,how can i jail break and then unlock it.or for activation i have to buy offical sim card.pls help guys
    2010-06-22 06:08 PM
    Hello
    I am facing a big problem.I have new 3gs iphone from last 3 weeks or more but i am unable to use it.My phoen info is
    I cannot activated because i dont have the official sim card.Yesterday i read in soem forums that unlocked for 5.09 and above is out and is working fine.But as i read for unlock ur phoen must eb jail break but i cannot even activate my iphone,how can i jail break and then unlock it.or for activation i have to buy offical sim card.pls help guys
    This is how it goes, you can Jailbreak your phone using Spirit or Blackra1n, however they do NOT activate it, they only jailbreak, to Activate the phone you need the original ipsw file, I download mine from here:-

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Select the 3.1.3 for iPhone 3gs NOT 4.0. And download that.

Next thing to do, is to download a program called Sn0wbreeze, and run it in simple mode, this will either ask if you are using an official carrier, or if you would like to activate it, I can't remember what it asks, say yes if it asks to activate it.

Next, you need to upload the finished Sn0wbreeze file to the phone, to do that, you need to put the phone in DFU mode, there are instructions online and on YouTube on how to do that.

Once the phone is in DFU mode, load iTunes, NOT 9.2! select the phone on the left panel, hold the shift key (alt if it's a Mac) and click on Restore.

Browse to the finished Sn0wbreeze file, and click on Open.

That should be it, you can't hold me responsible if anything goes wrong, this definately works on 3G, but I am not entirely sure that it does on a 3GS, my 3GS it hasn't worked on, but the 3G it has!
    2010-06-22 06:17 PM
    thx for such explanatory reply but i didnt find file for 3.1.3 3gs for activation.
    2010-06-22 08:35 PM
    or depending on your country.. i just went to a local owned cell phone shop and picked up an att sim chip for $10.00
    2010-06-22 08:47 PM
    Ok guys, just to clear things up :
    SnowBreeze or Pwnage tools will not work on new bootrom or if you have restored to stock firmware.
    If you are at 3.1.3, you still need the official firmware to activate unless you are able to downgrade to 3.1.2, which also leads you to a Must have 3.1.2 shsh on file. There is no way around if you don't have it.
    Spirit jailbreak will not hactivate your Iphone
    Blackra1n will hactivate it only at stock fw 3.1.2
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-06-22 at 09:19 PM.
    2010-06-22 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.