Hi,

I bought an iPhone 3GS 6 months back from a local electronics retailer in Mumbai and it
    • was working with all network providers (supported and unsupported)
    • did not have installer or cydia installed
    • did not have any app of any JB tool installed

ie, it looked like a factory unlocked piece, though the retailer did not know for sure.

Now since the iOS 4 has been released I want to upgrade to it asap and wanted to confirm whether my phone has been factory unlocked or not. The model no. of my phone is "MC131ZP", indicating that my retailer must have procured the phone from Hong Kong. When I googled and searched modmyi for the factory unlocked model nos, "MC131ZP/A" is listed as one of them.

While this looks promising, I'm still in doubt as my phone's model no. does not have "/A" at the end.

Could someone pls confirm whether both models are identical or not and, in particular, whether model MC131ZP, without "/A", is factory unlocked or not?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards,
    Nishit

Hi,

Got back home n checked on the box of my phone - the number there is MC131ZP/A.

My problem has been solved by itself

Mods pls close this thread. Tx
    Last edited by nishitsharma; 2010-06-23 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-23 05:29 PM
    Hi,

I bought an iPhone 3GS 6 months back from a local electronics retailer in Mumbai and it
    • was working with all network providers (supported and unsupported)
    • did not have installer or cydia installed
    • did not have any app of any JB tool installed

ie, it looked like a factory unlocked piece, though the retailer did not know for sure.

Now since the iOS 4 has been released I want to upgrade to it asap and wanted to confirm whether my phone has been factory unlocked or not. The model no. of my phone is "MC131ZP", indicating that my retailer must have procured the phone from Hong Kong. When I googled and searched modmyi for the factory unlocked model nos, "MC131ZP/A" is listed as one of them.

While this looks promising, I'm still in doubt as my phone's model no. does not have "/A" at the end.

Could someone pls confirm whether both models are identical or not and, in particular, whether model MC131ZP, without "/A", is factory unlocked or not?

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Regards,
    Nishit

Hi,

Got back home n checked on the box of my phone - the number there is MC131ZP/A.

My problem has been solved by itself

Mods pls close this thread. Tx
    You asked a question and answered yourself, perfect...
    2010-06-23 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD