Hi. This is my first post here. Please pardon the length of the post, I'm going to include anything that may be a variable in this problem.

On Tuesday, I upgraded my iPhone 3G (16GB) to iOS 4. Then, I jailbroke it with redsn0w, and subsequently unlocked it with ultrasn0w (3G was not turned off). I then slipped in a T-Mobile sim card, turned off 3G, and worked perfectly, so I gave it to my dad.

It worked fine all day. He took a flight home, and when he got there, he plugged the phone into a computer (windows) to recharge it overnight. In the morning, when he took it out, it said "No Service" at the top and simply doesn't work. (I suppose he may have turned airplane mode on on the plane, but at this point it's off.)

Solutions:
    1. I tried reinstalling ultrasn0w, but that didn't work.
    2. I even uninstalled, rebooted, turned on 3G, rebooted, turned off 3G, installed ultrasn0w, and rebooted, but it didn't help.

At this point, apparently he got rid of his previous phone, so this is the only one he has, and he's getting desperate. Can anyone help?

Edit: inserting another T-Mobile sim card in the iPhone works.
    Last edited by zfriedman; 2010-06-25 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Update
    2010-06-25 12:25 AM
    HOLD ON, SO YOU INSERTED ANOTHER TMOBILE CARD, BUT DOES THE ORIGNAL TMOBILE SIM CARD WORK AGAIN WEN YOU PLUG IT BACK IN?
    CAUSING IM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM.

soory for caps.

and my problem is that i go from full bars to no bars to searchign to no service.
    details:
    iphone 3g
    ios4 fw
    used snowbr
    and ultrasnow 3g is off before installing and sim card was out.

So the solution is to switch a sim card and then put back the original one?
    2010-06-25 01:14 AM
    Well, here is where I saw the possible fix.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKrcPenJjD0"]link[/ame]

Apparently you may just need to put the sim card in another phone to get it working again, then re-insert it into the iPhone. I don't know if this is a permanent fix or if it will need to be done again and again.

I'm not actually the one implementing the solutions (as you can guess), so I have to wait until they can do it at their end. I've asked them to insert the original sim card to see if it works again. I'll post back here when they let me know the results.
    2010-06-25 01:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD