I have an iPhone 3G 16GB.

I just upgraded my iPhone to iOS4 (since it is unlock-able now after the release of ultrasn0w 0.93) and successfully jailbreak-ed using RedSn0w 9.5 Beta.

The problem is my phone's Wifi doesn't work, I think the chip is broken. And it has been in this condition for quite sometime. Previously I unlocked it offline using BlackSn0w. i.e. I downloaded BlackSn0w on to PC, extracted the pack and copied the unlock files to the respective folders in the iPhone file system using iFunbox.

But, now, since Blacksn0w won't work on iOS4 I am having a hard time unlocking my phone. So is there a way to unlock my iPhone offline using ultrasn0w 0.93?

Thank You
    2010-06-25 07:09 PM
    Maybe a long shot but try resetting your network settings.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-06-26 12:13 AM
    Try the same thing you did before with ultrasn0w? Dunno if it would work, never tried it :/
    2010-06-26 06:40 AM
    Thank you guys for replying. There is no point in resetting the network or anything because I know my iPhone's wifi is broken...it could only be done through a hardware fix.

About six months ago I ran browsed through the entire internet looking for a fix for my wifi and tried everything in all forums and nothing worked. But then I stumbled on an outrageous trick - keep the iPhone in the freezer for 10min!!! I had already ran out of options so I thought, as stupid as it may seem like, I would give it try. So I left my iPhone in the freezer and forgot about that hahahaha, and when I remembered it was already passed 15min. But to my surprise it worked!!! Yes my phone was fixed. Now after six months it doesn't work again and freezing doesn't work any more. My bad.

And as for the unlock...I have managed to unlock it. I installed ultrasn0w using 91 PC Suite. It works perfect.

So now my iPhone 3G is running iOS4, is jail-broken and is unlocked to my local service provider.
    2010-06-26 12:31 PM
    Hello, can you post instructions on how to do this? I have the same problem...I'd really appreciate it

Thank you guys for replying. There is no point in resetting the network or anything because I know my iPhone's wifi is broken...it could only be done through a hardware fix.

About six months ago I ran browsed through the entire internet looking for a fix for my wifi and tried everything in all forums and nothing worked. But then I stumbled on an outrageous trick - keep the iPhone in the freezer for 10min!!! I had already ran out of options so I thought, as stupid as it may seem like, I would give it try. So I left my iPhone in the freezer and forgot about that hahahaha, and when I remembered it was already passed 15min. But to my surprise it worked!!! Yes my phone was fixed. Now after six months it doesn't work again and freezing doesn't work any more. My bad.

And as for the unlock...I have managed to unlock it. I installed ultrasn0w using 91 PC Suite. It works perfect.

So now my iPhone 3G is running iOS4, is jail-broken and is unlocked to my local service provider.
    2010-08-15 05:38 AM
    Check my previous post
    http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...lbroke-3g.html
    i have uploaded Ultrasn0w and supportings in Deb format
    SSH into iphone that will unlock your iphone
    Last edited by haissk; 2010-08-16 at 12:17 PM.
    2010-08-16 12:13 PM
    Hello, can you post instructions on how to do this? I have the same problem...I'd really appreciate it
    You can get the unlock by using Cyder on your pc. It is a desktop version of Cydia for those without wifi connectivity.
    Google Cyder.
    2010-08-16 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD