User Tag List

I just sold my 3G running 3.1.3 on Craigslist. The kid wanted to know if it was a MB or MC model, but I had restored it to factory settings before selling. It will need to be activated. He's on T-mobile, so he will be unlocking it. I k ow he'll have to hactivate it, but will he have other issues? I did not include my old AT&T sim in the purchase (I upgraded to iPhone 4).

I've always jailbroken, but never unlocked. Thanks for the help in advance!
    2010-06-26 05:22 PM
    3g doesnt matter. he thinks it's the 3gs (LOL!!!) because if it's the 3gs if its the mc then he has a tethered jailbreak

you can always check the model by running f0recast.
    2010-06-26 08:29 PM
    Thanks. I didn't think it was a problem. However he decided that he needed my old AT&T SIM card...I'm now on my iPhone 4 with a new sim...will that be a problem for me? Can I give him my old sim without issues?
    2010-06-27 09:47 PM
    He doesnt need your SIM card. Tell him to run Redsn0w on it and then he will be able to get to the springboard.

Wonder if he knows what he is doing -.-

He needs Redsn0w and a copy of the stock 3.1.2 (not 3.1.3) ipsw to make Redsn0w work properly btw. He probably wants the SIM to activate and run Spirit, which is fine but pointless when he could easily just download Redsn0w and the 3.1.2 ipsw and jailbreak the phone.

He probably isnt very experienced with this stuff. Tell him he can unlock with Ultrasn0w via Cydia by adding source repo666.ultrasn0w.com and installing Ultrasnow.

Edit* im sure giving him your SIM wouldnt cause any problems but Im a pretty skeptical person and I dont give strangers my things :P even if it doesnt work/is old ahaha.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-06-27 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-27 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD