Searched but haven't seen much on this so I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems. I have a 3G running 4.0 on tmobile with the 4.26.08 modem firmware, pwonaged tooled, and it is soooo slow. I have enabled the wallpapers and multi-tasking which maybe the problem and also restored from a back up. The phone starts off perfectly fine but after a few hours of use it becomes so slow it is pretty much unusable at which point I have to restart it and then it is good for a few hours.

I guess I am going to redo the unlock tonight and not restore from a back up and hope that helps. Next step will be not to enable the wallpaper and multi-tasking but was looking for some input before I did this.

Thanks
    2010-06-27 01:57 AM
    Its been noted that running multitask on a 3g slows it way down. There was a post about how to disable the multitasking. Do a search?
    2010-06-27 03:47 AM
    3G iphones is basically the same as the 1st gen iphone, same speed and ram 128mb. YOu can monitor the ram usage by turning on under sbsetting >more>extra & options >statusbar free mem and you can kill the apps running. Frankly speaking,there is not enough ram to do multitasking on
    3G.
    2010-06-27 07:02 AM
    what about 3GS? Does it have the same problem? I would like to know before I do the upgrade to 4.0 if possible. Many thanks.
    2010-06-27 01:48 PM
    what about 3GS? Does it have the same problem? I would like to know before I do the upgrade to 4.0 if possible. Many thanks.
    Nope, 3gs does not have the same problem, it has a double the processor speed and double the ram and is a different hardware from the 1st gen and 3G. It works great on the 3GS except most of Cydia apps are not compatible yet to iOS 4.0, I think they will make it compatible as soon as the new release of jailbreak for iOS 4.0 is released.
    2010-06-27 08:31 PM
    Hey, If you do have multitasking going, Do this, Hit the home button twice real fast, You can kill some of the processes. If you open a bunch of things at once, yes it will slow down. Close out some of the process's if your done using them.
    iPhone 4 Quote: Its so easy, a caveman can use it!
    2010-06-27 09:55 PM
    I have decided to try it out myself on my 3GS. It worked great. At first I had to downgrade to 3.1.2, had it jailbroken, then upgraded to OS 4.0. Guys, I have to say, OS4 is really amazing. It feels good and it looks good as well. Did not have any speed issues. It feels as the same speed as 3.1.3. Good luck to all.
    2010-06-27 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD