i got a 3gs, OS 3.1.3, baseband 05.12.01. i did a spirit jailbreak, then tried to use blackrain to unlock. i put the blackrain source into cydia, then installed the blacksnow package. then, cydia would not restart after 30 minutes. so i did a forced restart and now my phone wont get off the apple logo (wont get back to the main screen)....

THEN, i put the phone into recovery mode, and dfu mode, and tried to restore it with a custom 3.1.3 ipsw, a regular 3.1.3. ipsw, and general restore through itunes. none worked.

i'm stuck with a phone that just has an apple logo and wont do anything more

HELP!!!!!!

edwin yeow, please don't bother to post
    2010-06-27 09:19 AM
    It appears that he tried to help you beyond what anyone would be willing to do.
    2010-06-27 06:49 PM
    If your shsh blobs are on file, you can use sauriks server to restore back to 3.1.3

if/after you do that, use spirit to JB, then use ultrasn0w to unlock
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-06-27 06:57 PM
    if so, then i apologize for bad mouthing him. but he was super shady, and his advise led to my computer crashing, and a full OS restore at 2:45 a.m.

If your shsh blobs are on file, you can use sauriks server to restore back to 3.1.3

if/after you do that, use spirit to JB, then use ultrasn0w to unlock
    yo pimp, i'm pretty sure that i clicked on "back up my shsh" when i had cydia installed, and before the phone crashed from blacksn0w.

what's the process for restoring the phone with sauriks server if the phone wont boot up (wont get off the apple logo)?

i'm not a noob, but i'm definitely over my head with this phone being stuck on the apple logo.

thanks!!
    Last edited by zimpah; 2010-06-27 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-27 07:29 PM
    if so, then i apologize for bad mouthing him. but he was super shady, and his advise led to my computer crashing, and a full OS restore at 2:45 a.m.

yo pimp, i'm pretty sure that i clicked on "back up my shsh" when i had cydia installed, and before the phone crashed from blacksn0w.

what's the process for restoring the phone with sauriks server if the phone wont boot up (wont get off the apple logo)?

i'm not a noob, but i'm definitely over my head with this phone being stuck on the apple logo.

thanks!!
    When did you install cydia? if it was today, or anytime this week for that matter, theres NO chance your shsh's are on file..., they can only be saved while apple is still officially signing them, which they stopped doing on the 21st with the release of ios4.

But if you had 3.1.3 jailbroken for a while,

After you've edited your host files to go to sauriks servers

Just turn off the phone, and unplug it from the phone. Then hold the home button and plug in the cable. The phone will boot up into recovery mode, from there you can restore to the stock 3.1.3 ipsw.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-27 at 07:37 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-06-27 07:33 PM
    aha, so i open the host file that's at windows/system32/drivers/etc/ and edit it with notepad? how do i modify it? what do i change about it?
    2010-06-27 07:36 PM
    aha, so i open the host file that's at windows/system32/drivers/etc/ and edit it with notepad? how do i modify it? what do i change about it?
    check the edit on my last post,
    When did u jailbreak?
    2010-06-27 07:38 PM
    i did a spirit jailbreak yesterday afternoon.

what's your last post?
    2010-06-27 07:42 PM
    Your screwed then basically

Your only possible option at this point is to restore up to 4.0

Have you tried leaving the phone at the apple logo for 15 minutes? Does it reboot? does it have a frozen wheel?
    2010-06-27 07:46 PM
    i tried leaving the phone at the apple logo for a long time. i did get a frozen wheel.

how do i update to 4.0?

actually, sometimes it just has the apple for a few mins, then restarts and goes to the apple again, stuck in a loop.

sometimes it gets the apple with the frozen wheel
    Last edited by zimpah; 2010-06-27 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-06-27 08:06 PM
    unfortunately there isn't anything you can do at this point. Plug the phone in, in recovery mode, then just hit restore. It will download and install the latest ios4 (you'll need itunes 9.2, if you don't already)

Now be warned, you will not be unlocked anymore, nor will you have the option to even jailbreak.

Basically you'll have a working locked AT&T 3gs, which you'll need an AT&T sim to even use as an iPod.

The unlock is already available for the baseband, its just a matter of time for the jailbreak. Which is scheduled for after 4.0.1, for the sake of not having to update the program again.
    2010-06-27 08:42 PM
    what a BUMMER! thanks for your help pimp, keep ya head up
    2010-06-27 10:04 PM
    U too homie, sorry not everyone that gives directions on this board knows what they're talking about. In the future do some of your own research, and try to get a grasp of what your doing, to avoid something like this again
    2010-06-27 10:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.