So I am rocking on T-Mobile with a 3G. I dont have it maxed out with music and videos, but the thing is incredibly slooooooow. I even have a hard time answering phone calls. Any suggestions on how to speed things up a bit? I dont have a ton of stuff running at a time. I cleaned out as many mods to the SB that I could. Now I only have SBsettings, but its still so damn slow!
    2010-07-01 09:28 PM
    When you jb did you activate multitasking? I've read that slows down a 3g A LOT.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-01 09:34 PM
    So I am rocking on T-Mobile with a 3G. I dont have it maxed out with music and videos, but the thing is incredibly slooooooow. I even have a hard time answering phone calls. Any suggestions on how to speed things up a bit? I dont have a ton of stuff running at a time. I cleaned out as many mods to the SB that I could. Now I only have SBsettings, but its still so damn slow!
    Yeah, alot of 3G owners who has upgraded to iOS 4.0 has this complaint too, you are not the only person...
    2010-07-01 10:50 PM
    disable backgrounds and multitasking and it should run a lil bit faster
    2010-07-02 01:12 AM
    my brother has a 3g... and it's slow as heck... up to 20 seconds just to open up a txt message... OS4 shouldn't have been allowed on these phones...
    2010-07-02 05:05 AM
    completely agree with everything people have said here, multi tasking on it is absolute whack.

I'm re redsn0wing as we speak to take of multitasking
    2010-07-02 08:57 AM
    I jumped on the new 4 OS and jailbreak on my 3G and have since restored through Itunes and will not jailbreak again. I agree the 3G should not have been allowed to upgrade to 4.0. But it runs alot faster without the Jailbreak I must say but not as fast as 3.1.3. Battery life I think is very comparable to version 3.1.3 and the app folder option is nice. I'm going to try to sell my 3G and get a 3GS I think and then in a couple months after the hipe I'll get the new 4.

Wessy
    2010-07-02 03:53 PM
    Do I need to restore from backup if I redsn0w to disable the multitask?
    2010-07-02 05:41 PM
    I tried running jailbreak a couple of differnt ways and none of them helped the issues I was having so I just wiped it clean with a fresh install of 4.0 through Itunes and it's running pretty smooth with no jailbreak.

Wessy
    2010-07-02 05:58 PM
    After you jb'd your iphone on ios4 there is no need to do a complete restore and jb again.

1. run redsn0w
    2. uncheck multitasking
    3. uncheck install cydia
    4. restart.

there will be no need to restore. it'll save all your phone as is and just remove multi-tasking.

i also disabled the wallpaper background. my phone runs a whole lot faster now.
    Last edited by uglyboygq; 2010-07-03 at 05:33 AM.
    Don't take life so serious...no one comes out alive anyways.
    2010-07-03 05:29 AM
    is there any chance when the ios4 jailbreak is updated to make the phone run faster with multitasking and backgrounds? I really want these features but they make the phone too slow to use.
    2010-07-08 10:36 PM
    I just realized that it's not multitasking that's the problem, it's the wallpaper. I JB'd 2 times with redsn0w. In the first enabled all 3 things. Battery, wall, multi. My iPhone 3G was ancient slow. I restored. The second time I deselected wallpaper because I could do it with winterboard, and kept multitasking because I love listening to Pandora Radio while on ModMyi. It runs INCREDIBLY SMOOTH! Although everytime you close an app, close it in the multitasking menu because they automatically Multitask when closed, that slows down 3G. Cheers
    2010-07-08 10:53 PM
    I have also noticed that the multitasking feature enabled on the jailbreak for 3g is not truly multitasking. If you load a game app, then switch to messaging, then come back to the game, it reloads the game app. It is not actually "multitasking" it is just switching between apps in a different way. Is there a fix?
    2010-07-08 11:44 PM
    I have also noticed that the multitasking feature enabled on the jailbreak for 3g is not truly multitasking. If you load a game app, then switch to messaging, then come back to the game, it reloads the game app. It is not actually "multitasking" it is just switching between apps in a different way. Is there a fix?
    Developers have to enable multitasking into their app...

Check for updates of the program you looking for,

or use backgrounder for true multitasking
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!
    2010-07-09 05:35 AM
    Developers have to enable multitasking into their app...

Check for updates of the program you looking for,

or use backgrounder for true multitasking
    Sorry for the inexperience, but how exactly do you use background with the native multitasking feature? Like even with backgrounder installed I can't get it to truly multitask, how do I get it to truly multitask?
    2010-07-09 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD