this 3gs 3.1.3 is nearly worthless right now

basically i have 2 phones, both are identical, one white one black, the white one i tried running some **** on it before an unlock was released, (i think blackra1n) but i restored it after that (this was before 4.0 was released), i restored it through itunes back to 3.1.3...i have an att sim i easily unlocked the black one which was untouched..

now the white one with the SAME SIM, itunes says the sim inserted does not appear to be supported...now heres whats even worse, when i run it in recovery mode, i click restore on itunes, and it says verifying restore with apple then it fails saying "the device isnt eligible for the requested build"...so WTF is going on, i cant do anything with it, i cant even try to restore to see if thats why the sim is not being recognized, i cant upgrade it, i cant do nothing

i need suggestions please
    2010-07-04 05:50 PM
    this 3gs 3.1.3 is nearly worthless right now

basically i have 2 phones, both are identical, one white one black, the white one i tried running some **** on it before an unlock was released, (i think blackra1n) but i restored it after that (this was before 4.0 was released), i restored it through itunes back to 3.1.3...i have an att sim i easily unlocked the black one which was untouched..

now the white one with the SAME SIM, itunes says the sim inserted does not appear to be supported...now heres whats even worse, when i run it in recovery mode, i click restore on itunes, and it says verifying restore with apple then it fails saying "the device isnt eligible for the requested build"...so WTF is going on, i cant do anything with it, i cant even try to restore to see if thats why the sim is not being recognized, i cant upgrade it, i cant do nothing

i need suggestions please
    The reason why the white phone cannot be restored to 3.1.3 is because apple is not signing at 3.1.3 anymore. Unless you have backup or saved your 3.1.3 shsh file with Cydia, you are not going to restore to 3.1.3 anymore.
    2010-07-05 05:51 AM
    Cant the phone be removed from recovery via one of those tools from ih8sn0w?
    2010-07-06 12:36 AM
    Cant the phone be removed from recovery via one of those tools from ih8sn0w?
    You must be having Itunes 9.2, right?
    2010-07-06 01:50 AM
    i use itunes 9.1
    2010-07-06 03:24 AM
    Try downloading the 3.1.3 firmware to your computer. I don't have a link handy for it but you can easily find it on google. Then try a shift restore with the firmware you downloaded.
    2010-07-06 03:50 AM
    i use itunes 9.1
    I think Itunes 9.1 also crashes the tools to get out of recovery loop. I have experimented this before. I uninstalled Itunes and started from 8.2 to 9.0, my quickpwn works, but once i installed 9.1 , I couldn't open quickpwn anymore. I hope this will help you guys to troubleshoot the problem.
    2010-07-06 03:57 AM
    the phone isnt stuck in a recovery loop..there is nothing wrong with the phone

i have tried downloading the firmware and restoring it but it doesnt pass apples verification
    2010-07-06 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD