I am new to iPhone jailbreaking and unlocking. I jailbroke my iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 and I used spirit. My Baseband is 5.12.01.when I installed ultrasn0w it successfully installed but when i insert other sim it says no service. I'm in japan and my carrier is softbank and I want to change my carrier. Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance.
    2010-07-07 09:01 AM
    Did you reboot? Did you turn off 3g? Try turning off and on airplane mode a few times?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?
    2010-07-07 07:58 PM
    you need to put in your new network settings... call up the carrier.. and ask what settings do i need to make my iPhone work... they will tell you.

For example.. if i put a USA T-Mobile sim in my phone now.. it will see nothing.. untill i start putting in specific T-Mobile network info inside the phone.
    2010-07-07 10:49 PM
    Thanks for the reply.Yes I reboot my iPhone many many times. I did turn off the 3g but still no luck. Please help!

I inserted the japan AU mobile to my iPhone and will see nothing. How to put specific AU network info inside the phone. Thanks
    Last edited by Dale828; 2010-07-08 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-08 12:54 PM
    In reading all this, I also have a 3Gs on 3.1.3 w/ 5.12.01 and iBoot 359.3 (old bootrom). I have tried pwn through sn0wbreeze (fail). Then spirit jailbreak, used active ATT sim to activate phone, then cydia to install ultrasn0w (no service w/ T-Mobile Sim), and then Geohotz purplesn0w through Cydia. Same thing, no svc w/ T-Mobile sim. For entering specific network data, I can get the data, but where to put it into? Thanks for any help.
    2010-07-08 06:10 PM
    How did you get the specific network data?
    2010-07-09 02:34 AM
    CALL T-MOBILE!! they will walk you through it!! I walked into a T-Mobile store and asked if they had an extra sim so i can test if my iPhone is unlocked... and they put in all the settings.. and as he was doing it one by one.. then it saw the other network...

Again.. just call tmobile... it's a 1800 toll free call
    Last edited by destro23; 2010-07-09 at 05:09 AM.
    2010-07-09 05:06 AM
    I have an Iphone 3gs unlocked Iphone that I just migrated to from an Unlocked 1st generation Iphone..... I am using AT&T old blue plan sim. I am not able to get the data plan (3gs or Edge) to work on my 3gs.. only via wi-fi. Can anyone assist with this?
    I also changed my APN settings to proxy and blank username and password.

Please Help!
    2010-07-09 03:32 PM
    I have an Iphone 3gs unlocked Iphone that I just migrated to from an Unlocked 1st generation Iphone..... I am using AT&T old blue plan sim. I am not able to get the data plan (3gs or Edge) to work on my 3gs.. only via wi-fi. Can anyone assist with this?
    I also changed my APN settings to proxy and blank username and password.

Please Help!
    I would go ahead and change to a current plan. Anytime you're dealing with legacy plans from merged service providers you're going to run into compatibility issues with plan attachments. Just switch to a current plan with a new sim and you'll find you'll have alot less problems. I had to go through the same thing when I was on Suncom and T-mobile bought them in the southeast quarter.
    2010-07-09 05:05 PM
    I may be missing something here but I was under the impression that an unlock for the 3gs was only possible with the old bootrom MB version so you need to check if you have the MB or MC version. Hope this helps
    2010-07-10 02:07 AM
    I may be missing something here but I was under the impression that an unlock for the 3gs was only possible with the old bootrom MB version so you need to check if you have the MB or MC version. Hope this helps
    New or Old bootrom is not determined by the model.
    The model determines which country carrier comes from.

Unlocking is detemines by baseband, if you can jailbreak now , you can certainly unlock it.

2010-07-10 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD