My iphone stopped working with tmobile and I restored it and now im stuck at the screen telling me to please insert valid sim for activation screen. What are my options? One phone is 3.1.3 and other is 3.1.2 but both are at the same screen. I dont have any friends with ATT. Is there a way around this? Please help, I miss my IPHONE!!
    2010-07-09 12:13 AM
    Hi, I manage to activate a 3GS iPhone with old bootrom in 3.1.3. First you need the AT&T sim card that came with the phone, it doesn't matter if the sim is not active, now create a custom firmware for 3.1.3 with pwnage tool connect your phone to the computer and pwnage tool will try to access your phone to deliver the payload but because you are already in 3.1.3 pwnage tool would get stuck there, now reboot your phone and connect it to the computer again but with the AT&T sim card open iTunes and it will recognize your phone you will see the emergency call window and the message to reorder your icons really messed up but don't worry let iTunes finish syncing turn off your phone and on again and it would be activated, now run spirit and it will get stuck in the last step, don't worry disconnect your phone and reboot it and it will appear again the last window of spirit but this time it won't get stuck, now you can unlock it with ultrasn0w it worked for me twice but do it to your own risk
    2010-07-09 09:38 PM
    My iphone stopped working with tmobile and I restored it and now im stuck at the screen telling me to please insert valid sim for activation screen. What are my options? One phone is 3.1.3 and other is 3.1.2 but both are at the same screen. I dont have any friends with ATT. Is there a way around this? Please help, I miss my IPHONE!!
    Are these 3GS or 3G phones?
    2010-07-10 06:44 AM
    Since no one else seem to have answered the question you asked I will try. Yes, you can activate an iphone with an ATT pre-paid Sim. I have done it many times.

In fact you can use any ATT sim even an inactive one. I will assume you know how to JB and unlock since you were previously using T-Mobile. I will also assume you have your SHSH blobs saved since you have restored to versions of Firmware that apple is no longer signing.
    2010-07-10 06:39 PM
    The type of device matters. If its a 3G it isnt as complicated as 3GS and can be fixed easily.

An AT&T SIM is not required if its a 3G. If you have a 3GS some other steps may be taken that dont necessarily require an AT&T SIM.
    2010-07-10 07:08 PM
    They are both 3GS models. I am going to try the prepaid sim and will post back. Thanks for the replies. I will post back with results.
    2010-07-12 04:16 AM
    yes you can, i did so today with my iphone
    2010-07-12 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD