Hi Guys,
    I am new here and the reason I came to this great forum is that I faced a trouble with my iphone.

I bought a second hand iphone 3gs 16G. It was locked for Orange UK, but the first owner unlocked it with his programmes. When I connected it to itunes, it asked to upgrade the system to os4 and so did I. And since I don't live in UK but in Spain, I inserted my Vodaphone SIM and found out that this SIM is not authorized. I discovered that I made a mistake when I upgraded the system. After that and as a beginner, I clicked on RESTORE the system, and by then I found that I ruined everything and the Device refuse even to open the Iphone. It needs activation and by UK Orange and thats impossible for me. I am in another country and I don't know any one in UK.

I am seeking the help of the genuis of this forum.

Thanks in advance
    2010-07-09 06:11 PM
    Hi,

Since it's a 3Gs and on firmware 4.0, you will only be able hacktivate, jailbreak and unlock by downgrading to 3.1.2, and to downgrade you must have SHSH blobs on file with saurik's server, take a look at The Firmware Umbrella . Basically you will have to 'check' if saurik's server has your SHSH blobs on file, you can try turning on the TTS server and try to restore to 3.1.2.

If this fails and you don't have SHSH blobs saved, all you have left to do is wait comex next jailbreak for iOS 4, good news is that he's already developing it.

doublenach
    2010-07-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD