Ran F0recast and it said "unlockable: No" and "Untethered: Yes" but my question is that is F0recast for 4.0 only or not? I'd be content with just unlocking it on 3.1.3 without upgrading. I'm guessing this is not possible but I wanted to double-check since searching didn't give me a definitive answer.

Also, I'm pretty sure the SHSH blobs are on file with Cydia but I don't know for sure. How do I check something like that? It was previously unlocked/JB but the person upgraded it prior to selling it to me (fail).

Thanks!
    2010-07-11 02:15 AM
    Ran F0recast and it said "unlockable: No" and "Untethered: Yes" but my question is that is F0recast for 4.0 only or not? I'd be content with just unlocking it on 3.1.3 without upgrading. I'm guessing this is not possible but I wanted to double-check since searching didn't give me a definitive answer.

Also, I'm pretty sure the SHSH blobs are on file with Cydia but I don't know for sure. How do I check something like that? It was previously unlocked/JB but the person upgraded it prior to selling it to me (fail).

Thanks!
    If it is jailbroken with Spirit at the moment, Yes,u can go to Cydia and Install Ultrasn0w to unlock. The iForecast says No is because iForecast was released before the new version of Ultrasn0w 0.9.3 was released.
    2010-07-11 04:34 AM
    If it is jailbroken with Spirit at the moment, Yes,u can go to Cydia and Install Ultrasn0w to unlock. The iForecast says No is because iForecast was released before the new version of Ultrasn0w 0.9.3 was released.
    Thanks, I appreciate the info.

Any idea on the second question? I have another phone that has been upgraded to iOS4 that I know has the blobs stored. How do I go about retrieving them to do the restore?
    2010-07-11 11:19 PM
    Use this The Firmware Umbrella: TinyUmbrella - 4.00.54 to help retrieve your saved shsh blobs an follow one of the downgrading guides on this site
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter
    2010-07-11 11:34 PM
    I was in your situation with 3.1.3 shsh and jailbroken with spirit. IF you want to go up to 4.0 on that phone you can use spirit2pwn and use a custom firmware from pwnage tool and goto 4.0 jailbroken and unlocked.
    2010-07-12 05:44 AM
    I was in your situation with 3.1.3 shsh and jailbroken with spirit. IF you want to go up to 4.0 on that phone you can use spirit2pwn and use a custom firmware from pwnage tool and goto 4.0 jailbroken and unlocked.
    No, the phone has the new bootrom so it can't be upgraded to 4.0 right now.

Thanks for the link, smooth
    2010-07-12 06:31 AM
    You could get to 4.0 but it will be tethered.
    2010-07-12 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD