okay i bought an iphone off my buddy and im having a very hard time figuring this all out. i have an at&t prepaid sim and of course i figured i could just put the sim in and figure it all out from there. nah not to mention i know it works cause he had already did all the un blocks breaks and all. i of course didnt know anything about apple products having just gotten into the entire comp industry 2 yrs ago. i have always used wind xp. please let there be someone out here that can assist me in getting my wifes present usefull. oh i did get it to where it has the usb pic and it will slide and allow us to make calls but it wont let us dial the magic 83 sequence. i know it is either the first type of ioophone or the 2g. thanks ahead if anyone h elps me get this gift useable for my wife
    2010-07-12 09:12 AM
    Just to put your long story short, your question is "why can't I dial magic 83 sequence?", am I right?
    2010-07-12 10:52 AM
    im honestly not sure id love to figur it out if you can help please
    2010-07-12 12:19 PM
    You are not sure of your own problem so it seems unlikely anyone will be able to help.

Your "buddy" may be your best bet for help.
    2010-07-12 12:35 PM
    he said go to this site and i know i put the sim in it and hook it to itunes and it will not validate it pairs up to the itunes until it asks to be validated. so the only thing the phone does now is emergency call mode but it will dial any number but i mean doesnt it do more i know when he had it it took pics and did all kinds of stuff so im asking about getting passed where it wants to validate. it auto putsmy wifes prepaid at&t phone number in the number for the phone box
    2010-07-12 01:34 PM
    What version firmware do you have and do you have an app called Cydia on it?

Which carrier was it locked to?
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-07-12 at 01:47 PM.
    2010-07-12 01:42 PM
    Is it silver? Go to our Guides section and you will be just fine.
    2010-07-12 04:32 PM
    im not sure about any apps or firmware and he did have t mobil sim in it. i reset the phone in order to get it to pair with itunes to where it removed all the data off the phone and rebooted it then it says installing latest updates then takes me to the activation screen and i cant get any further. and it is a silver 8gb. thanks for the help so far but i am still stumped. i also looked in forum jump and dont see "guides"
    Last edited by crazeetowntattoos; 2010-07-12 at 07:18 PM. Reason: forgot something
    2010-07-12 07:16 PM
    This is the guides link: Apple, iPhone, iPad and iPod Guides | ModMyi.com

Follow the instructions for the 2G. One is for Windows and another for Mac.
    2010-07-12 07:28 PM
    Hi, if he sold u a phone that was on tmobile then it was unlocked. Your girlfriends prepay att sim will not work since you locked the phone back up. (You should have manually deleted his contacts to save yourself the trouble). All you need to do is identify the phone model and there is a program called redsnow 0.95 that you need to find and download. You need to update to IOS4 in itunes follow redsnow directions open cydia-search for ultrasnow 0.93 install/confirm and reboot device. Done your girlfriend att prepay will work. However, in the future do not update in itunes unless u check this site for the next unlock program to be released as everytime apple updates the firmware the unlock program is not released at the same time. Tell her to ignore updating firmware in the future. She will lose the unlock and no iphone to call on. Take Care.
    2010-07-12 07:29 PM
    nope too much info im still overwhelmed. i can rebuild cars from the ground up but with this phone i feel really dumb. ive seen so many differant programs in the past 2 days i have info overload and cant make sence of it......is there anything i can provide to help out further

its model nummber A1203 if that helps

everytime i try to do the redsnow thing it keeps telling me it is unable to recognize specified IPSW im going by this how to link on here and im stumped again

How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X
    Last edited by crazeetowntattoos; 2010-07-12 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-12 09:41 PM
    Ipsw file can be renamed as a zip in windows, if that's the case just rename it back to an ipsw file
    2010-07-12 09:46 PM
    So you have a stock firmware on your phone?(one restored to through iTunes?)
    2010-07-12 09:59 PM
    yes i did the full dump restore and it got me to the point of verification in itunes and i tried enough to know it wont work through normal verification process. i did just get to the first next on the redsnow program i downloaded i have my fingers crossed i can figure this out
    2010-07-12 10:06 PM
    Redsnow is very straight forward and there are tons of videos on YouTube to help you jailbreak/unlock the phone
    2010-07-12 10:11 PM
    i got it to the screen that says "please wait while your device is being processed"
    "waiting for reboot"
    its been on the same screen for about15minutes now and nothing is happening is it possible i messed something up or did something wrong?

still on same screen doing nothing says "waiting for reboot" no blocks are moving on the on screen progress meter
    Last edited by crazeetowntattoos; 2010-07-12 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-12 10:47 PM
    i got it to the screen that says "please wait while your device is being processed"
    "waiting for reboot"
    its been on the same screen for about15minutes now and nothing is happening is it possible i messed something up or did something wrong?

still on same screen doing nothing says "waiting for reboot" no blocks are moving on the on screen progress meter
    After reading all your stories, all sorts of things iphones ,cars , wife,pair with Itunes (You don't pair Itunes, you sync with Itunes) which is irrelevant and things that do not add up to your question. I figured out you have a 2G,
    Let Itunes restore again to 3.1.3 and follow this guide :
    How to Jailbreak/Unlock 3.1.3 iPhone 2G Windows & OS X
    Things you need :
    Redsn0w 0.9.4 : Run Redsn0w when you are at Emergency Screen
    3.1.2 ipsw : when running Redsn0w you have to point to 3.1.2
    BL 3.9 and BL 4.6
    The whole process might take up to 10 minutes,
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-13 at 07:09 AM.
    2010-07-13 07:05 AM
    thanks im sorry i didnt post earlier i got it fixxed with the help from another forum member now its time to learn about apps and thanks for letting me know i have a 2g i didnt know im guessin you knew i had 2g cause it is silver and the model number. thanks to everyone i got it and wife hasnt put it down since
    2010-07-13 07:32 AM
    No problem, just hit thanks to everyone who has contributed to your thread
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-13 at 08:01 PM.
    2010-07-13 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.