Hey guys,

Friend refered me to your website,

I'm fairly good at following instructions, however the guides on the website confuse me so it says to ask first and not later.

I have a iphone 3G currently locked
    and I want to unlock it
    I have Version 3.0 (7A341)
    Model MB629C
    Firmware is 04.26.08

Out of the guides which one is the best one to follow.

For my particular setup.

Thanks guys for any help you can provide.
    2010-07-20 05:38 AM
    Hey guys,

Friend refered me to your website,

I'm fairly good at following instructions, however the guides on the website confuse me so it says to ask first and not later.

I have a iphone 3G currently locked
    and I want to unlock it
    I have Version 3.0 (7A341)
    Model MB629C
    Firmware is 04.26.08

Out of the guides which one is the best one to follow.

For my particular setup.

Thanks guys for any help you can provide.
    Jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.8 and unlock with Ultrasn0w from Cydia.
    Done.
    2010-07-20 06:27 AM
    Cool and thanks!

Is it recommended I upgrade at all?
    2010-07-20 07:45 AM
    You could take it to 4.0.1 and jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5, unlock with Ultrasn0w. However I hear it can run a bit slow on the 3G. It depends if you want the extra features....

Jailbreak iOS 4.0.1 with Redsn0w [iPhone How to Guide] | Redmond Pie
    2010-07-20 08:04 AM
    After you have done the above, you can upgrade to custom firmware OS 3.1.3. To do that download snowbreeze 1.5.2 and create a custom firmware of 3.1.3 and then do a shift + restore to the Cfw you created on your desktop. Once restored, you will be jailbroken at 3.1.3 and you can unlock with ultrasn0w again. Your BB will still be at 04.26.08. I don't recommend 4.0 , there has been too much complain about too slow opening apps.
    2010-07-20 08:07 AM
    I don't think the 3G gets too many extra features on 4.0 anyway, so I'd personally follow yeow's advice and go to 3.1.3.
    2010-07-20 08:11 AM
    Hey guys,

Thanks again I have downloaded 2 Ultra snow things in Cydia called BOSSPREFS and SBSSETTINGS I put both on, I deleted something but now I dont see the ultrasnow option in the sbssettings one only in the bossprefs one (actually there is 2 ultrasnow options one with a lock and a question mark)
    I guess what I really want to know is how will I know it's unlocked?

Thanks again!
    2010-07-20 09:20 AM
    Not sure which instructions you've been following, but check out the guides linked at the top of this page. Both those apps are not required, though.

If you search in "search" for Ultrasn0w then you should see it listed with a tick next to it.

Suggest you redo it all following exactly the guide. Do you not have a sim to try it out?
    2010-07-20 09:33 AM
    Well in the about section of the iphone I still see under Carrier it shows the original network even with out the SIM in it so to me I assume it's still assigned to that network that orginally was placed on the phone. (no I dont have a sim to test it on)

Thanks

Well in the about section of the iphone I still see under Carrier it shows the original network even with out the SIM in it so to me I assume it's still assigned to that network that orginally was placed on the phone. (no I dont have a sim to test it on)

Thanks
    You know I was looking at the guides above and I think I totally did it wrong, I'm going to redo it tonight and try again!

I'll keep ya posted.
    Last edited by namdarcs; 2010-07-20 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-20 05:30 PM
    If you have already jailboken with Redsn0w 0.8 , don't restore to any apple official firmware from now, even if u messes it up, you are still jailbroken now. Go and create a custom firmware either from snowbreeze version 1.5.2 or pwnage 3.1.5 of cfw 3.1.3.
    Put your iPhone into recovery , and shift + restore to cfw 3.1.3 again , once restored , you will be jailbroken at 3.1.3. Then go to Cydia, let it update and search for ultrasn0w and install it. If you want just install sbsetting only.
    2010-07-20 08:11 PM
    I would recomend in the future for you (namdarcs) to save your shsh files using the umbrella tool. This way if you do make a mistake, you can go back to your older firmware and start over. Just a tip.

(Please hit the thanks button if this helps)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...
    2010-07-20 08:50 PM
    There is no shsh blogs for 3G iphone, only 3GS and 4G iphones have shsh blogs
    2010-07-20 09:02 PM
    I am new at this but could someone tell what and why do you want to "Jailbreak or Unlock" your iPhone and what these terms mean?
    2010-07-20 09:17 PM
    If you have already jailboken with Redsn0w 0.8 , don't restore to any apple official firmware from now, even if u messes it up, you are still jailbroken now. Go and create a custom firmware either from snowbreeze version 1.5.2 or pwnage 3.1.5 of cfw 3.1.3.
    Put your iPhone into recovery , and shift + restore to cfw 3.1.3 again , once restored , you will be jailbroken at 3.1.3. Then go to Cydia, let it update and search for ultrasn0w and install it. If you want just install sbsetting only.
    Hey Man
    keep it mind I'm still on 3.0 firmware just so I'm clear you still want me to create the customer firmware for 3.1.3 ?

Thanks (wow you guys are wicked for support!)
    2010-07-20 09:35 PM
    Hey Man
    keep it mind I'm still on 3.0 firmware just so I'm clear you still want me to create the customer firmware for 3.1.3 ?

Thanks (wow you guys are wicked for support!)
    Have you jailbroken at 3.0 yet? If not, jailbreak with Redsn0w 0.8, I can guide you here.
    Remember, you must be jailbroken first before proceeding using custom firmware
    Since you have a 3G, there are many options to go to 3.1.3, if you don't want to use CFW, you can follow this guide : http://modmyi.com/guides/how-jailbreak-3-1-3-iphone-3g-ipod-touch-1g-2g-windows-os-x/

I am new at this but could someone tell what and why do you want to "Jailbreak or Unlock" your iPhone and what these terms mean?
    You should create a new thread and write the details of your Iphone, whether it is a 3G, or 3GS , version of OS , first 5 digits of your serial number starting from the left, whether jailbroken yet or not.
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-20 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-07-20 10:52 PM
    Hey Buddy

My first step was jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.8

I got cydia and everything
    I just tried this and it says ultra snow is on....
    so I guess all I need to make sure it works is another providers's sim card... still see Rogers 4.0 as my Carrier with out my sim in it sooo I dont know... I'll find out tomorrow when go I in to the store to get a test SIM.
    2010-07-21 03:48 AM
    Once you have installed Ultrasn0w , you are already unlocked. So if you want to upgrade to 3.1.3, just create a custom firmware and do a restore to the cfw and install Ultrasn0w again, you will be then jailbroken and unlocked at 3.1.3. You will notice your BB is still 04.26.08 which is very stable at this BB. Good for you.
    2010-07-21 04:07 AM
    errr read the forum lol or google it think its self explanitory but unlock why would you want to do that .... hummm relly good question
    I don't suffer from insanity ..... i enjoy every single day of it
    2010-07-21 11:28 AM
    Well I tried to put a Bell SIM Card in it which uses HSPA not GSM
    and no success

Any thoughts folks ?
    2010-07-22 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD