*********OK GUYS LISTEN UP*****VERY IMPORTANT****ANY QUESTIONS CALL 973-262-2446 I WILL BE HAPPY TO EXPLAIN......PLEASE READ FULL POST BEFORE REPLYING BECAUSE WE DO WANT TO REPEAT QUESTIONS...AGAIN PLEASE READD FULLY********SORRY FOR THE LONG STORY BUT THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I FOUND TO EXPLAIN THIS DILEMMA!!!.......

I WAS PROBABLY THE FIRST UNLOCKED IPHONE4 IN MY AREA ON A CUT T-MOBILE SIMCARD...I EAGERLY AWAITED THE UNLOCK UPDATE VIA ULTRASNOW LAST NITE RE-ADDED THAT SOURCE(REPO666.ULTRASN0W.COM)....FINALLY UNLOCKED IPHONE4 ON T-MOBILE...SO WHAT NEXT???
    1 MONTH AGO I GOT MY HANDS ON 32GB RARE 3GS WHOSE OWNER HAD THOUGHT HE HAD LOCKED THE PHONE ON OS 4.0 WITH NO JB AT THAT TIME...SO BEFORE I BOUGHT THE IPHONE 3GS I LOOKED UP SERIAL NUMBER AND IT WAS A RARE MB MODEL WITH OLD BOOTROOM... I TOOK A RISK IF HE HAD SAVED HIS BLOBS ON CYDIA FOR 3.1.2 VIA BLACKRA1N JB AND UNLOCK...TO MY LUCK HE DID AND PROBABLY DID NOT KNOW...ANYWAYS I HAD THIS 3GS JB AND UNLOCKED WITH T-MOBILE ON OS4.0 USING CUSTOM FIRMWARE VIA SNOWBREEZE ....THIS GETS TO WHY I BRING THIS UP....

SO I WAS MESSING AROUND WITH AN UNLOCKED TMOBILE 3GS ON 4.0 FOR ABOUT A MONTH...THANKS TO SINFUL (YOU ARE THE MAN BTW) HE HAD POSTED A PACKAGE CALLED "T-MOBILE IOS4 MMS FIX" FOR MMS SETTINGS TO WORK FOR T-MOBILE ON IPHONES RUNNING 4.0 (KEEP IN MIND PRETTY RARE BEFORE COMEX HAD LEAKED HIS NEW JAILBREAKME.COM)....SO.....

......WE COME TO LAST NITE I HAVE HAD AN IPHONE4 SINCE THE DAY IT CAME OUT SITTING IN MY ROOM WAITING FOR JB AND CARRIER UNLOCK...AGAIN SRRY FOR BEING TIDEOUS BUT I LIKE TO GIVE THE FULL PICTURE SO ALL ?'S WILL HOPEFULLY BE ANSWERED....NOW ITS UNLOCKED @ AROUND 330AM THIS MORNING...KEEP IN MIND I BOUGHT IT WHEN IT FIRST CAME OUT SO IT WAS RUNNING ON OS4.0 EARLY THIS MORNING...NOW EVERYTHING WAS WORKING AS FAR AS MAKING CALLS...NOW FIXING MMS (SETTNGS----THEN GENERAL---NETWORK--THEN HERE COMES THE DILEMMA!!!) YOU SHOULD HAVE CELLULAR DATA NETWORK IF YOU WANT MMS USING OTHER CARRIERS THAN ATT (HENCE T-MOBILE IN THE US)...SO I WENT TO CYDIA ADDED SINFULIPHONEREPO.COM TO SOURCES...ADDED THE T-MOBILE FIX FOR IOS4.0...THEN WENT TO GENERAL---RESET--RESET NETWORK SETTINGS REBOOTED THEN ONE LAST STEP...GOING BACK TO CELLULAR DATA NETWORK AND ADDING EPC.TMOBILE.COM FOR BOTH APN AND MMS OTHER FIELDS WILL BE INPUTTED FROM PACKAGE VIA SINFUL OTHER FIELDS LEAVE EMPTY...KEEP IN MIND I HAVE THE INFAMOUS GRANDFATHERED $5.99 T-ZONES UNLIMITED EDGE PLAN....
    SO INTERNET WORKS FINE (A BIT LAGGY BUT HEY ILL TAKE IT FOR $5.99 A MONTH UNLIMITED)...MMS WORKS AND EVERYTHING...NOW I DECIDE TO TEST FACETIME USING EDGE NETWORK...I FIRST INSTALL 3G UNRESTRICTOR FROM SINFUL REPO...THAT WAS A NO-GO AND DIDNT FEEL LIKE MESSING WITH IT SO I QUICKLY SEARCHED MY3G INSTALLED THE PACKAGE CREATED A ROCK ID SO I CAN USE THE APP AS TRIAL FOR 10 DAYS...TO MY SURPRISE FACETIME WORKED ON TMOBILE EDGE NETWORK....

******NOW HERE IS WHERE I THOUGHT I MESSED UP...I DECIDE TO UPDATE MY FW AROUND 630 AM TO 4.0.1...IPHONE4 GETS STUCK ON RECOVERY.."ERROR1004"...TURNS OUT FOR WINDOWS7 USERS YOU CANNOT ADD THE EXTRA LINE IN HOSTS "GS.APPLE.COM" ETC ETC ETC .....HAD TO REMOVE THAT LINE SO ITUNES WOULD NOT BE REDIRECTED TO SAURIK'S (CYDIA) SERVER...THIS WAS WEIRD AND ALREADY I STARTED TO HAVE A BAD FEELING!!!!! SO FINALLY GOT THE UPDATE TO 4.0.1 BUT KEEP IN MIND I USED AN INACTIVATED IPAD ATT MINISIM TO ACTIVATE MY PHONE THROUGH ITUNES (NO OTHER WAY AROUND THIS...YOU NEED AN ATT MINISIM DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ACTIVATED THO WITH A SERVICE...NOW FACETIME WAS GONE AND MMS "CELLULAR DATA NETWORK" INPUT FIELD WAS MISSING FROM NETWORK....WTF IS GOING ON??? DID I JUST DO SOMETHING STUPID...TURNS OUT EVERYONE WAS HAVING THIS PROBLEM THIS MORNING TILL NOW..........I CALL MY BOY WHO HAS AN IPHONE4 BECAUSE I THOUGHT MAYBE THE IPHONE4 NEEDS TO HAVE A REAL ATT MINISIM WITH AN ACTUAL ACTIVE NUMBER TO BE FULL ACTIVATED....FACETIME WORKS BUT NO MMS "CELLULAR DATA NETWORK" FIELD WITH ACTIVATED ATT MINISM INSERTED...TURNS OUT ATT IPHONE4s DONT HAVE THAT MMS FIELD ...NOT NEEDED SINCE ATT IPHONE USERS HAVE IPHONE DATA PLANS...SO I RE-INSERT MY TMOBILE SIM...

*******NOW I DECIDE TO INSTALL "MY3G" AGAIN...WOW TO MY SURPRISE I GET THE "CELLULAR DATA NETWORK FIELD"...INSTALL PACKAGE VIA SINFUL REPO AND ADD "EPC.TMOBILE.COM" TO APN AND MMS...OK THATS FINALLY FIXED NOW T-MOBILE USING 4.0.1 FW BUT FACETIME SAYING "AWAITING ACTIVATION".....HONESTLY AT THIS POINT IM LIKE WTF...SO I CALL T-MOBILE (HAVE TO GIVE THEM CREDIT THE REP WAS PRETTY KNOWLEDEGABLE ABOUT THE UNLOCK STUMPED LIKE ME...FINALLY I SAT AND PONDERED FOR ABOUT 5 MINUTES...THIS IS DEFINITELY A LOCK SETUP FROM APPLE EARLY THIS MORNING RIGHT AFTER THE UNLOCK WAS RELEASED....

I AM NO PHONEY NOR NOOBY.....I WAS RUNNING FACETIME OVER 5.99 TZONES PLAN WITH MY OTHER FRIEND ABOUT 50 MILES AWAY WHO WAS USING ATT3G...(BOTH OF US USING THE "MY3G" APP...WHICH IS AN AMAZING APP)....SO I DECIDED TO USE MY BOY'S PHONE WHO STILL WAS RUNNING OS4.0 MAYBE IT WILL WORK...SO I WENT THROUGH EVERYTHING STILL NO FACETIME..."WAITING FOR ACTIVATION" ....EVEN IF YOU QUICKLY TAKE OUT ATT MINISM AND INPUT TMOBILE MINISIM...FACETIME ICON DISAPPEARS...BTW THO WHEN YOU TOGGLE FACETIME ON...A MESSAGE POPS UP STATING "CARRIER MAY CHARGE SMS CHARGES FOR VIDEO CALLING"...TURN THIS TOGGLE OFF IMMEDIATELY FOR NOW UNTIL SOMEONE FIGURES THIS CRAP OUT...WHY??? SOMEHOW INTERNATIONAL TEXT MESSAGES ARE BEING CALCULATED ON YOUR RATE PLAN WHICH I BELIEVE ARE )$0.15 AN OUTGOING MESSAGE....DONT WORRY IF YOU CALL T-MOBILE THEY WILL WAIVE THE FEES SO DO SO IMMEDIATELY FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES....

************************************************** ***************NOW THE CONCLUSIONS...MMS IS FIXED BUT NO FACETIME FOR T-MOBILE AS OF NOW..THIS IS NOT A 4.0 TO 4.0.1 ISSUE BECAUSE I TRIED BOTH STILL A NO-GO BUT YESTERDAY LITERALLY MINUTES AFTER THE UNLOCK I MANAGED TO HAVE FACETIME RUNNING OVER EDGE...IDK HOW...THE ICON JUST DIDNT DISAPPEAR AND NO "WAITING FOR ACTIVATION"...FINAL EDUCATED ASSUMPTION...APPLE HAS MADE IT THAT IPHONE4 SENDS CARRIER DATA AFTER TOGGLING FACETIME ON TO ATT SERVER OR APPLE SERVER...CHECKS IF THE ATT MINISIM IS AN ACTIVE PHONE NUMBER AND THEN ALLOWS FACETIME TO BE ACTIVE....THIS IS OBVIOUSLY NOT POSSIBLE WHEN USING T-MOBILE OR OTHER SIM WHICH IS COMPLETE BS BECAUSE ORIGINALL FACETIME WAS FOR WIFI ONLY BUT I AM 99% SURE THAT APPLE IS REALLY INVOLVED IN THIS CRAP AND THAT THEY WERE JUST WAITING FOR THAT UNLOCK THIS EARLY MORNING....I JUST GOT LUCKY AND BELIEVE ME I AM SO PISSED OFF...I DO WANT TO ADD THO THAT FACTORY UNLOCKED IPHONES WILL NOT EXPERIENCE FACETIME ISSUES BECAUSE THESE ARE "FACTORY UNLOCKED FROM APPLE"...I AM SURE ALL THE EICDs ARE ALL RECORDED...AND THESE PEOPLE ARE SMART THEY OBV HAVE HEARD ALL THE FUSS OF JBING AND UNLOCKING BECOMING LEGAL NOW...SO OFCOURSE STEVE JOBS MUST HAVE IMPLEMENTED IN A SECRET MEETING LAST NITE..."OK THEY WANT TO USE OTHER CARRIERS LIKE TMOBILE...WERE GOING TO TAKE AWAY THE BEST FEATURE OF THE IPHONE4"...WELL I GIVE YOU TWO FINGERS ...SERIOUSLY...THESE PPL SHOULD BE HAPPY WE ARE BUYING THEIR PRODUCT...BUT IM STILL AN APPLY FAN THO LOLOL!!!!

I HOPE THIS HELPED...CALL ME AGAIN IF ANYONE NEEDS FURTHER EXPLANATIONS...PLEASE DO NOT CALL UNLESS THIS IS A "FACETIME OR MMS" TMOBILE ISSUE...SORRY AGAIN FOR THE STORY I WROTE BUT I THINK IT SHOULD CLEAR UP EVERYTHING UP TO DATE...THANKS GUYS.....

-IPHONESLICKSTER00
    2010-08-04 10:41 PM
    so your MMS works? you added sinful repo and the cellular data network tab appeared and you input the settings and MMS is working for you on 4.0/4.0.1 on your iphone 4?
    2010-08-04 11:04 PM
    so your MMS works? you added sinful repo and the cellular data network tab appeared and you input the settings and MMS is working for you on 4.0/4.0.1 on your iphone 4?
    yesss im on 4.0.1 now...but that mms field did not show up ironically until i installed my3g...idk why...i keep reading other strategies like going to itunes restoring your iphone4 and then restoring from a previous backup that had the mms field..i recommend first to install my3g trial...then install package from sinful then reset network settings...

p.s. there are numerous data plans for t-mobile...t-zones $5.99 that one is grandfathered for users who had the plan a while ago before androids came to t-mobile...that same plan tho has raised to $9.99 tho you need to inform tmobile rep that you are using a "motorola razor" or a non-android phone...otherwise when you call t-mobile customer care stating you want to add internet for iphone...they will add $29.99 data plan for androids/month (this is the 3g plan)...and for us t-mobile users we cannot use 3g with iphone unlocked only edge...so my advice get 9.99 t-zones plan...use "epc.tmobile.com" for apn and mms fields
    2010-08-04 11:18 PM
    oh nice.
    yeah i always wondered about the edge plan.

so all i have to do is call Tmobile and tell them i have a MOTOROLA RAZR and that i want the $9.99 plan and then add epc.tmobile.com for both APN and MMS? then i have edge on my iphone 4?

and yeah the way i got the CELLULAR DATA NETWORK tab to show up is I went and installed winterboard then I added xsellize source and installed surpreme preferences 3.0 and turned the cellular data tab on.

then i uninstalled all of those programs and the tab was still there, but none of the MMS settings people are saying are working.
    2010-08-04 11:23 PM
    oh nice.

so all i have to do is call Tmobile and tell them i have a MOTOROLA RAZR and that i want the $9.99 plan and then add epc.tmobile.com for both APN and MMS? then i have edge on my iphone 4?

and yeah the way i got the CELLULAR DATA NETWORK tab to show up is I went and installed winterboard then I added xsellize source and installed surpreme preferences 3.0 and turned the cellular data tab on.

then i uninstalled all of those programs and the tab was still there, but none of the MMS settings people are saying are working.

yup...but don't input anything for mmsc,mmsc proxy, mms max mess size, and mms ua prof url...these fields will be automatically filled in after sinful package and resetting network settings....only add the epc.tmobile.com to apn and mms...has to work cuz ive been mmsing all day lolol
    2010-08-04 11:39 PM
    yup...but don't input anything for mmsc,mmsc proxy, mms max mess size, and mms ua prof url...these fields will be automatically filled in after sinful package and resetting network settings....only add the epc.tmobile.com to apn and mms...has to work cuz ive been mmsing all day lolol
    oh okay i dont know if you read my post in the other thread but to get the celluar data network tab to edit the MMS settings, I installed winterboard and then added xsellize source to get supreme preferences 3.0. then i went into SP3.0 and turned on cellular data network tab.

but everytime i input settings into the MMS, it just reverts back to the previous setting that was in there.
    im pretty sure you read my post about that because you asked if I called ATT.

so if i install sinful repo do you think it will fix that and automatically add the right settings into MMS?
    2010-08-04 11:43 PM
    oh nice.

Is your facetime toggle now missing?
    2010-08-04 11:54 PM
    is your facetime toggle now missing?
    yes!
    2010-08-05 12:02 AM
    that's rite sorrry this whole dilemma has me going crazzy lol...unfortunately you need to a full restore re-JB then re-UL then use sinful repo pacakge and so forth...and i know you dont have access to att sim rite now but that would be the only way...it does not have to be an activated att sim tho so cutting an older one will activate ur ip4 in itunes after restore
    yeah man i hear ya. its crazy.
    but yeah i think im just going to do a full restore and redo everything. i will just have to wait until i can get my hands on an ATT SIM.

but once i do restore, i add the sinfuliphonerepo and what exactly is the repo and the package i need to install for the MMS settings?
    2010-08-05 12:05 AM
    okay sick!
    so add that source, install that package, reboot. after rebooting reset network settings, then add epc.tmobile.com and do i need to reboot after again or no?

sorry for all the stupid questions, i just dont wanna mess this up again.
    2010-08-05 12:12 AM
    Please do not post links/repos that contain cracked content and piracy....you have been warned although you should've read the rules......thank you
    2010-08-05 12:16 AM
    okay sick!
    so add that source, install that package, reboot. after rebooting reset network settings, then add epc.tmobile.com and do i need to reboot after again or no?

nope that's it the you are all done...keep in mind for the future tho...the inputted settings from installing a patch will never erase...even after resetting network settings...the only way would be to uninstall or remove that patch...but sometimes we are forced to restore the iphone alltogether like in your case...however if you need to reset network settings in the future for any reason...you will always have to go back and place in "epc.tmobile.com" in those 2 appropriate fields...otherwise no worries...good luck
    2010-08-05 12:18 AM
    nope that's it the you are all done...keep in mind for the future tho...the inputted settings from installing a patch will never erase...even after resetting network settings...the only way would be to uninstall or remove that patch...but sometimes we are forced to restore the iphone alltogether like in your case...however if you need to reset network settings in the future for any reason...you will always have to go back and place in "epc.tmobile.com" in those 2 appropriate fields...otherwise no worries...good luck
    cool thanks a lot man
    i'll make sure to d that after i restore.

im def gettin that 9.99 internet plan!
    2010-08-05 12:27 AM
    im factory unlocked and facetime is giving me problems. it originally worked. stopped working in the middle of the day today
    2010-08-05 02:45 AM
    okay sick!

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...ml#post5379803

Try this Grant, it worked for me
    2010-08-05 04:33 AM
    hey thanks for the thread but i dont quite understand it.
    is he doing all that just for the MMS to work?

and how can you unlock/jailbreak with the original sim the ip4 came with?
    when i got mine there was a SIM in it, but i had to put my friend's active ATT to activate it.
    2010-08-05 05:01 AM
    hey thanks for the thread but i dont quite understand it.
    is he doing all that just for the MMS to work?

and how can you unlock/jailbreak with the original sim the ip4 came with?
    when i got mine there was a SIM in it, but i had to put my friend's active ATT to activate it.
    Trying using your friend's ATT sim card as the 'original sim' it just needs to be ATT i'm sure.
    When I did this then inserted my o2 sim the carrier settings were automatically downloaded to my phone.

follow benji's order though
    2010-08-05 01:34 PM
    1. Full restore set up as a new phone.
    2. Jailbreak, unlock all with the ORIGINAL sim inside the phone.
    3. Continue to wait until the reboot is done, wait till the waiting for activation message disappears.
    4. Put in your new sim and wait for 10 minutes.
    5. Turn the phone off, let it sit for 5 minutes and then turn it back on.
    6. It should of downloaded the carrier information.

these are the steps you suggested so let me just make sure i understand fully.

so i take out my tmobile SIM and do a full restore and set up as a new phone.

then i put my friends ATT sim in to activate and then jailbreak/unlock with the ATT sim in the phone.

then i reboot after jailbreak/unlocking and the "waiting for activation" message should be gone?

then i take out the ATT SIM and put in the Tmobile SIM and wait for 10 minutes.

then i turn the phone off and wait 5 more minutes then turn it back on and it will have the carrier settings downloaded?

i will be able to MMS without inputting any settings?
    and will i be able to facetime on Tmobile USA?
    2010-08-05 09:07 PM
    these are the steps you suggested so let me just make sure i understand fully.

then i turn the phone off and wait 5 more minutes then turn it back on and it will have the carrier settings downloaded?

i will be able to MMS without inputting any settings?
    and will i be able to facetime on Tmobile USA?
    Yes. those are the steps that worked for me.
    HOWEVER, let me reiterate that o2 is a certified iphone carrier, T-mobile (USA) is not. So the idea of the carrier settings automatically downloading may not work, but hopefully the steps should at least allow you to edit the cellular data manually.

I see no harm in giving it a try
    2010-08-06 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD