Has anyone done this, please if there is anyone that can tell me asap. I think I might try it, from what I can find out I will have to order a sim card, phonebook card, that will take time and money then after that will have to figure out all the downloads to unlock etc. So I thought if this would work I could just spend that money and it would be done now!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated, completely new to this. Have a 3gs phone not activated and no way to activate it. This is the fourth new phone apple has sent me and they keep on sending a fido phone which where I live has no fido and it is on the complete opposite end of the country.
    2010-08-08 12:14 AM
    Don't pay for anything jailbreak or Unlock related. The developers made these things to be free for all, so never give people money for stealing other peoples' work. If you want it unlocked, just post back here and I will guide you step by step through the process.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!
    2010-08-08 09:36 PM
    Patients is a virtue. Just do it the phonebook sim way.
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks
    2010-08-08 09:43 PM
    Do not pay for unlock/ jailbreak! The tools are free - and you may donate if you so feel inclined. As a newbie a year back - I paid and download software that was developed by the dev team; but sold by a rip off web site. There are all kinds of sharks out there with very nice looking web sites that are ripping people off.
    2010-08-09 08:07 PM
    Which not alot of us have sorry to say. Actually I probably have been fairly paitent, this process started Dec2009. So I have been waiting to have a I phone since then. I didn't end up paying for the online fix. I bought a Fido sim card online. Just hoping it will not take too long to get here.

Don't pay for anything jailbreak or Unlock related. The developers made these things to be free for all, so never give people money for stealing other peoples' work. If you want it unlocked, just post back here and I will guide you step by step through the process.
    Ok I sent for a Fido sim card when it comes would you be willing to post to me how to unlock my phone step by step, I have seen so many different things about it that it has me really confused, and I really don't want to do the wrong thing. Am just so fed up waiting for them to send me the proper phone, this has been going on since last Dec. They (Apple) have sent me five different phones. I just want a phone to use.
    Last edited by islndsonya; 2010-08-09 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-08-09 09:12 PM
    I would be glad to help.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!
    2010-08-09 10:17 PM
    I would be glad to help.
    Thank you, but you might not have to now, I was just talking to customer service again. The last thing now is that they might send me a iphone 4, for all the problems that I have had. That would be so great, would restore my faith in them for sure. So now I have to wait a couple of days for the answer, waiting for the Fido sim anyway. Will let you know what happens. Really hope I don't need your help .
    2010-08-09 10:42 PM
    I would be glad to help.
    Greetings, bassface, I know you were offering your assistance to another individual on in this thread, but I am quite new here and was wondering if I could "borrow" some of that help too...LOL!!

I have just received a hand-me-down iPhone 3Gs from my boss who went to the iPhone 4. The 3Gs currently has Version 4.0.1 (8A306) software on it. It has never been jb'd before, and this is my first time working with the iPhone. I'm a WinMo geek...

I plan on reading up most of this forum for the rest of the day - shoot! - for the rest of the week!! But can you tell me in simplest terms where I need to begin to jailbreak my 3Gs, and then get it ready for the T-Mobile network??

Many many thanks in advance.
    2010-08-10 10:03 PM
    As long as you havent upgraded the phone to 4.0.2, all you have to do is connect to wifi, go to jailbreakme.com, run the program. This will jailbreak your iphone install cydia. Open cydia, go to the sources, select repo666.ultrasn0w.com, install it, and youre unlocked.

Its really that easy.
    2010-08-13 01:11 AM
    As long as you havent upgraded the phone to 4.0.2, all you have to do is connect to wifi, go to jailbreakme.com, run the program. This will jailbreak your iphone install cydia. Open cydia, go to the sources, select repo666.ultrasn0w.com, install it, and youre unlocked.

Its really that easy.
    yup - thank you!!!
    2010-08-13 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD