its been a while since ive done anything with iphones....but updting my moms iphone to 4.0 as we speak and plan on unlocking it when im done...she is t-mobile...its a 3G

my question is, how do i get safari and youtube to work for her phone? and can i backup the phone on itunes like any regular iphone? i need to save her music and contacts....all help is greatly apprecaited
    2010-08-22 11:32 PM
    As you don't say what country you are in it is difficult to help.
    Here in the UK my phone just worked as it is officially unlocked.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
    2010-08-23 08:46 AM
    I think since this is a 3G and you have just updated your mother's iphone in itunes that you are now on firmware 4.0.2?

Since this is a 3G then you will need to use redsn0w to jailbreak and then use ultrasnow to unlock.

You can sync and backup her phone like normal in itunes, just stay away from future upgrades to the firmware.

What's the problem with safari and youtube? Have you got a data package on t-mobile? You need to ensure the apn settings are put in correctly in the general settings cellular data settings. check out unlockit.co.nz when you are JB and unlocked.
    2010-08-23 09:09 AM
    Why would you not have safari and youtube
    I would understand if YouTube wouldn't work if you hacktivate the phone then you would lose the certs.
    Last edited by mindblown; 2010-08-23 at 08:30 PM.
    2010-08-23 08:24 PM
    Of course it does!
    2010-08-23 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD