Hi all ,

I have purchased an iphone 4 from ebay 32 GB , its locked to att and Umm its seems that Unactivated !!

When I connect it to itunes it requires me SSN and billing zip code !!

I have tried 2 ATT cards and 2 Activation cards !!!

Nothing happened

I am sure that there is 0.1 % persons in this forums has this problem and have fixed it , please share the solution

OR if you know the ip4 reversers ,well I mean dev team , please talk with them, they are not responding me !!

Sellers want money these days , they purchase the 32 GB with 299 and they sold them unactivated with 800 and above 1000 USD ,

lets assume that I am only the person who has this problem !! so 1/10000000 of users of iphone 4 has this problem , by the time , this percentage well go UP and then , no body in the world who has ATT iphone Can use the solution of dev team , or any updated or new solution !! if this percentage increased , that means dev team is poor !! they cannot hack ip4 or make good solution

I hope some one tell them !!!

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP :'(
    2010-08-29 07:34 AM
    Hi all ,

I have purchased an iphone 4 from ebay 32 GB , its locked to att and Umm its seems that Unactivated !!

Nothing happened

I am sure that there is 0.1 % persons in this forums has this problem and have fixed it , please share the solution

OR if you know the ip4 reversers ,well I mean dev team , please talk with them, they are not responding me !!

Sellers want money these days , they purchase the 32 GB with 299 and they sold them unactivated with 800 and above 1000 USD ,

lets assume that I am only the person who has this problem !! so 1/10000000 of users of iphone 4 has this problem , by the time , this percentage well go UP and then , no body in the world who has ATT iphone Can use the solution of dev team , or any updated or new solution !! if this percentage increased , that means dev team is poor !! they cannot hack ip4 or make good solution

Google is your best friend. Try to do a google search before flooding the forums with questions that have already been answered.

http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...ml#post5392746

To all Iphone 4 and 3GS new boot rom oweners that are stuck on the SSN & Zip Code Screen, there are NO SOLUTION to bypass and activate your phone! NO phonebook sim card, DITS, a friend's active IP4 sim, DFU, or any other solutions would work. Don't waste your time & more $.

Your phone was bought from the Apple online store and is LOCKED to the original owner's account (hence using your friend's SIM card or a phonebook SIM is USELESS) who likely got the IP4/ 3GS at a discount and therefore extending the contract but has not fulfill his/her end of the commitment to the carrier (AT&T) by activating the IP4 with their 4 digits SSN & Zip Code. Phones bought from AT&T directly or other partners DO NOT have this problem (hence susceptible to the sherif hasim method of the phonebook sim card hack).

I have spent countless hours already on this topic since 3.1.3 (1.5 years and counting) and THERE IS NOT SOLUTION. YOU HAVE A USELESS BRICK.

THE ONLY SOLUTION is if the dev team find a way to hactivate the device on the next jailbreak (which is NOT their priority as people like us are in the minority). You can feel free to petition to the dev team on twitter (MuscleNerd, pod2g, planetbeing, iphone_dev) on this.

The only other solution is to get the original owner's SSN and zip or return for another phone.

In future, kindly do a google search and stop wasting people's time in answering old questions.
    2010-09-11 06:09 PM
    Hi all ,

Nothing happened

same situation tried everything possible but no luck . the only hope left is ios 4.1 jailbreak which would activate our phones without ssn & zip code so wait a bit more , i anticipate its over 2 months.
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-09-13 at 01:31 AM.
    2010-09-13 01:27 AM
    Ultrasoul is exactly right, couldn't have said it better myself. I would just resell it on eBay as-is and get one off craigslist so u can test it. Or just contact the seller for his info (I doubt they would give it, but worth a try)
    2010-09-13 04:44 AM
    If I buy an iPhone 4 that originally required an SSN and a zip code to be activated, but the seller had it entered for me, will I need the zip code and the SSN if I want to reactivate my phone after an update or a restore?
    2010-09-13 07:27 AM
    I highly doubt that you will need to re-activate but not 100% sure. Good question. Ask the seller to test it out
    2010-09-13 07:36 AM
    Hi all ,

Nothing happened

I think these are your options:

1) Contact seller and request the info, include the fact that he has sold you a useless item without the info.
    2) Contact the seller and demand a refund, explaining why.
    3) File a grievance with ebay. If the seller advertised it as a phone that will function, that makes it clearly "significantly not as described", and easily qualifies for a dispute resolution.
    4) You may also file a chargeback request with paypal, who also has power in these situations.
    5) You may file a chargeback request with your credit card company if you paid that way. This method has drawbacks such as being banned from paypal because paypal hates when people do that.
    6) Take your brick to the apple store explain your situation. They may simply exchange it for a new one. Worth a try.

PS Any communications you have with your seller, make sure they are exclusively through the ebay message system, and NEVER issue angry threats or insults. That will lead ebay or paypal to believe you are an insolent lout, and it will bias their decision against you.
    2010-09-14 11:42 PM
    Just take it to a apple store and they can activate it as long as the sim is valid
    2010-09-15 01:23 AM
    Its here folks! and its real!! Geohot is back big time with limera1n jailbreak for all iOS devices including: iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch 4G / 3G / 2G, untethered running iOS 4.1.

Limera1n is currently available for Windows only. Mac and Linux version are expected to drop soon. Stay tuned as we will be back with full instructions on how to jailbreak iOS 4.1, on all devices with Limera1n.

Download Limera1n for Windows [Mirror]

i just jailbroke my iphone 4 after months n months of wait.

Correction - cydia installed after restart through limera1n app
    Last edited by ravz; 2010-10-10 at 03:35 AM.
    2010-10-10 02:00 AM
    i tried limera1n. i does not help with hactivation of the ssn/zip code locked 3gs new bootrom =(
    2010-10-10 04:53 AM
    i tried limera1n. i does not help with hactivation of the ssn/zip code locked 3gs new bootrom =(

something is up with 3gs newbootrom hopefully it will be fixed in greenpOison 2morrow.

but m so happy i got my iphone 4 working after months of wait.
    2010-10-10 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD