User Tag List

I am really confused, I bought my iPhone 6 months ago from a private dealer, put my telus SIM card in and it worked perfectly fine. I even updated it to 3.1.3 (I think). When I google the model number, it pops up as being rogers or fido. Now I am a bit confused, I am not 100% sure if I updated it to 3.1.3 but I know for a fact it is 3.1.3 and my sim card has been in it and running for 6+ months. Does that mean I can update to the new software? I just dont want my phone to become an extremely expensive paper weight.
    2010-09-05 02:07 AM
    Is your iphone jailbroken? Is it a 3GS or 3G?
    2010-09-05 02:31 AM
    Its an iPhone 3G and I dont think so. Cydia and those apps aren't present however wouldn't the seller have been able to delete them?
    2010-09-05 03:04 PM
    If it is a iphone 3G it should have cydia and ultrasn0w installed on it for it to be unlocked. There are a few ways to do this without cydia ever showing up but I highly doubt that is the case. The best time to try updating is now, because even if it isn't factory unlocked you will still be able to jailbreak and software unlock. 4.0.2 is the highest you can go. I suggest try it out and if itunes activates at the end of the process you know you have a factory unlocked iphone. If it doesn't it isn't hard to get it up and running again, just make sure you do this before 4.1 is released next week.
    2010-09-05 03:14 PM
    Awesome man, thank you!

I guess its factory unlocked! No problems at all .

Thanks.
    Last edited by Roctro; 2010-09-06 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-09-06 12:29 AM
    Good to hear, now you know you can update whenever you want and not have to worry about losing your unlock.
    2010-09-06 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD