I read a comment on a post regarding this dead horse.

Tmo new htc hd2 uses 2100mhz bandwidth. Someone commented to use a sim for the hd2. However those new 4g like speeds are only available in a few cities.

I'm in Houston and COULD try it,but I don't want to get stuck with another plan I can use. (cancel AT&T start tmo and then can't get 3G speeds w/tmo)

Does it seem feasible to anyone w/ more knowledge /exp with unlocking ip4 to get 3G speeds with tmo new market with a htc hd2 sim?
    2010-09-06 09:53 PM
    iphone 3g will not work on tmobile. It has nothing to do with the SIM card from HD2 or any phone. All the SIM cards from tmobile are the same, what changes are some phones have different bands and frequencies that might work on another carrier. for example the samsung vibrant from tmobile has one frequency (out of 4) that matches the 3g from ATT, so even tho tmobile and att have different frequencies, there are a few cities that are transmiting 3g speed on that one frequency that matches so the phone will work. but the iphone fdrequency does not match tmobile, so it will not work
    2010-09-07 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD