I've read a bunch of posts on preparing an Iphone 3g for sale, but still don't have a clear understanding of what to do. I think my situation is a little different do to the mods. Could someone let me know the best way to go about preparing an Iphone 3G for sale with the follow setup.

iOS 4.0.2
    Jailbroken
    Locked (ATT)

Not sure if any of the following makes a difference.

Installed a language script to remove all languages expect english and Japanese.

Removed some of the launch deamons.

I was thinking of just doing a restore to an older firmware and unlock for better resale, but I want to make sure all the infomation is removed and the SIM card is cleared.

Ultimately I would just like to get the phone back to factory settings and then work from there.

Thanks
    Last edited by Teelnaw; 2010-09-17 at 05:10 PM.
    2010-09-17 05:08 PM
    For 3G, restore to 4.xx firmware requires shsh blogs
    if you restore to 3.xx, then you do not need shsh blogs, you can restore anytime you want.
    2010-09-18 01:26 AM
    If I restore to 3.x, I can always upgrade to 4.x if needed right?

Thanks
    2010-09-18 11:49 PM
    If you have shsh blobs for your firmwares up to 4.0.2 you can upgrade from 3.x if you need to and still re jailbreak. You should restore to 3.1.3 (shift restore) and set up as new phone. You will have to rejailbreak it afterwards but I would do that and let whomever you sell it to install whatever tweaks they want.
    I sold my 3G that way, jailbroken and unlocked for $300 about a month ago.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-09-18 11:54 PM
    I never saved any of my shsh blobs. So I will go the shift restore route. I actually just sold mine on ebay for $300 but it was to someone in poland with no feedback or anything. Seems a bit shady to me. Thanks for the info.
    2010-09-19 03:14 AM
    Hey Durben,

What did you use to jailbreak verison 3.1.3? I am trying to do this useing sn0wbreeze and it's not working. My phone is stuck on the restore screen and I can't restore it back to the regular or J/B firmware.

Thanks
    2010-09-27 12:17 AM
    I used jailbreakme.com the second time around. Works on 3.1.3 easily.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2010-09-27 11:46 PM
    Sn0wbreeze has some stipulations before being able to use. Have you set your phone into DFU before restoring to a stock 3.1.3 fw?
    2010-09-28 01:01 AM
    When I sell them I just do this:

* Delete all contacts (sync in the Info tab with Windows Contacts which is empty, with the "Replace Contacts" button ticked)
    * Delete all text messages
    * Clear all recents
    * Forget Wireless Networks
    * Sync all Music off the phone
    * Delete any photos
    * Clear Safari History/Cache etc

That way you have a basically empty iPhone but with all the standard Jailbreak/Unlock stuff you have already done intact.
    2010-09-28 03:04 AM
    I do a restore, activate, jailbreak, unlock and then delete my account from the store, clear safari. Pocket cash....
    2010-09-28 07:20 AM
    I do a restore, activate, jailbreak, unlock and then delete my account from the store, clear safari. Pocket cash....
    Haha never thought of clearing my account from the store xD

Hope none of the 20 people I've sold phones to figure out how to abuse THAT!
    2010-09-28 11:39 AM
    They'd need your password, but the most important step is definitely pocketing the cash anyway!
    2010-09-28 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD