hey...
    m planing to buy a new iphone 4 frm US which will be locked with atnt obviously. as i live in india, how can i unlock it and jailbreak it, i m not geting any activated sim, and how i unlock it without jailbreaking, and for jailbreaking i need it to let me use its net to use jailbreakme to jailbreak..plz help me n tell me how can i unlock it without any sim card..like used to do for iphone 2g...help me asap cz i have to place an order for it in 2 days..thnks..
    2010-09-28 08:23 AM
    hey...
    m planing to buy a new iphone 4 frm US which will be locked with atnt obviously. as i live in india, how can i unlock it and jailbreak it, i m not geting any activated sim, and how i unlock it without jailbreaking, and for jailbreaking i need it to let me use its net to use jailbreakme to jailbreak..plz help me n tell me how can i unlock it without any sim card..like used to do for iphone 2g...help me asap cz i have to place an order for it in 2 days..thnks..
    There are many potential problems with your plan.

1. If the ATT phone was purchased from Apple and never activated you will not be able to activate it without the last four digits of the original owner's social security number.
    2. If the phone is already on 4.1 you will not be able to jailbreak it or unlock it. A jailbreak is expected shortly but no unlock appear to be in the works and no downgrade possible for the baseband.

The only good option for you is if the ATT phone is on 4.01 with the original baseband and already activated. You should try and get hold of an ATT SIM card for any future activation that may be necessary.
    2010-09-28 10:56 AM
    thnks...

now i m going for jailbroken iphone 4 n 3gs....so plz tell me do i have to keep in mind abt the baseband of the phones also??cz i have to unlock them...or any baseband of both 4 n 3gs can b unlocked...
    2010-09-28 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD