I bought my 3GS phone used with:
    software 4.0.1,
    baseband 051304
    bootloader 6.4
    Model MB715

When I try to activate it in Itunes 9.2.1 it gives me the following message error.

"Itunes cannot read the contents of the Iphone. Go to the summary tab in Iphonw preferences and click restore to restore this Iphone to factory settings."

Questions: 1)Where do I go to do restore this, in Itunes or on the Iphone itself?
    2)If it's in Itunes summary screen and I hit restore, will Itunes restore the factory settings and update the software to 4.1 or will it remain on 4.0.1?
    3) I have been stuck at the emergency screen and can't get past it with an activated At&t card, what do I do?

Help Please!!!

Thank you,

Vyvxguy
    2010-10-04 01:31 AM
    You could try a different computer and different USB lead, but it does sound like it needs a restore. Without SHSH blobs on file with Cydia you will only be able to restore to 4.1 which I guess is no good since you've posted in the unlock forum (4.1 baseband is unlockable).

You're only hope is that you have SHSH files on store. Download tinyumbrella and go to advanced options, try each firmware version for 3GS and hit "save SHSH" from cydia.

You could try a different computer and different USB lead, but it does sound like it needs a restore. Without SHSH blobs on file with Cydia you will only be able to restore to 4.1 which I guess is no good since you've posted in the unlock forum (4.1 baseband is unlockable).

You're only hope is that you have SHSH files on store. Download tinyumbrella and go to advanced options, try each firmware version for 3GS and hit "save SHSH" from cydia. Tell us what you've got (hopefully it's 4.0.1 or earlier).
    Last edited by eyeRobot; 2010-10-04 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-04 07:37 AM
    Thanks for all your advice, I truly appreciate it.

Looks like I'm s%#t out of luck...only 4.1 blobs saved. Looks like I have to play the waiting game for the 4.1 hack to be released.

One more question....Now that the belief that I have to wait for 4.1 has been established, should I restore now in itunes 10.0.1.22 or just wait until the hack for 4.1 is released? Does it really matter?
    Last edited by vyvxguy; 2010-10-06 at 04:56 PM.
    2010-10-06 01:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
We have updated our Privacy Policy and Terms & Conditions. Please check them out.