For those recommending pwnage tool for 4.1 please note the official dev team version of this tool is not yet available. There is an unofficial version from msguy which is buggy as hell stay away and wait for official version from dev team.
    2010-10-15 07:34 PM
    I have an iPhone 3G. It's updated to 4.1 from 4.0.1. It used to be Jailbroken with redsn0w, and unlocked with ultrasn0w from Cydia.

I didn't know to backup my data and/or SHSH blobs (whatever those are :/)

So my phone is currently stuck on the sim/emergency screen aswell.

I'm aware that my baseband is probably updated and I'm just waiting for a solution to come out.

I've tried jailbreaking with limera1n and greenpois0n, however, 'DFU mode' doesn't seem to recognize; rendering inability to jailbreak.

I've also tried to downgrade, but I'm afraid it's too late for me right now. If anyone figures out a solution, please let me know! THANKS!

Also, if there is any other information needed, feel free to ask.
    Did u know what your model was? Was it an MC or an MB model? Because if it was an MC, That jailbreak was not for your model it is currently for MB models.

Sn0wbreeze for the jailbreak. I might try iFunbox to see if I can get it off that screen.

For now I'm more concerned with why I can't get MMS incoming pics to work on my iPhone 4 (factory unlocked) because even if I jailbreak the old 3g it'll still be locked until an update. No SHSH back-up like the post above
    Did u know what your model was? Was it an MC or an MB model? Because if it was an MC, That jailbreak was not for your model it is currently for MB models.
    Last edited by JonnyBoy123; 2010-10-17 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
     Think Different.
    2010-10-17 05:37 AM
    Mine is an MB model.
    2010-10-17 08:35 AM
    I'm not sure D:
    How should I check?

Edit: I can't access my phone, but I'm pretty sure it was an MB model.
    Last edited by CrossBeat; 2010-10-17 at 07:01 PM.
    2010-10-17 06:56 PM
    I have two iphones with 3g-4.1 BB 5.11 and BB 5.13 jailbroken but after ultrasn0w 1.1.1 from Cydia -NO SERVICE!!!
    Damn..
    I'm having the same issue on my 3g, 4.1, baseband 05.13.04. Model: MB499LL

Used redsn0w to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock.

No one seems to have any answers for why this is happening.
    2010-10-18 12:24 AM
    How did you preserve the baseband, if you use redsn0w to jailbreak, you must restore to stock 4.1 which automatically updates your baseband. Go check again if your baseband is not 05.14.xx, if i sure it is , the only way to preserve baseband is through custom firmware.
    2010-10-18 12:40 AM
    I have no idea how I persevered it.. i don't know much about this stuff (<<understatement)

BUT i do know that my baseband is 05.13.04. That's what is says...

Edit: I do know... turns out I downgraded using fuzzyband
    Last edited by Harman1207; 2010-10-18 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    2010-10-18 12:49 AM
    It is possible that Ultrasn0w will not work eventhough you could downgrade baseband. We will see if anyone else has the same problem. Two possiblities,Ultrasn0w needs to be ported again or using Fuzzyband to downgrade baseband will not work, atleast for 4.1.
    2010-10-18 04:04 AM
    I'm not sure D:
    How should I check?

Edit: I can't access my phone, but I'm pretty sure it was an MB model.
    Ok since your both say they are MB Models, you should have no problems with either the redsn0w 0.9.6, or the modified pwnage tool that I posted the link to the video of. Are you sure you did everything correctly? I've only seen this problem with an MC model trying to be jailbroken via an MB model only jailbreak. Because for @Crossbeat, you jailbroke with redsn0w you should have had no errors providing yours was an MB model. Also @Crossbeat, take note that limera1n and greenpois0n are NOT jailbreaks for the iPhone 3G, or iPod Touch 2G which is why the dev's told all of us iPhone 3G/ Touch 2G users to use redsn0w 0.9.6 as it is only meant for those devices. I am not sure if you got to the slide for emergency screen by attempting to jailbreak with the wrong tools, or if you are an MC model, or if the jailbreak was just unsuccessful or performed incorrectly. My suggestion to you is to try and re-jailbreak with REDSN0W OR THE MODIFIED PWNAGE TOOL W/ CUSTOM FIRMWARE AND NOTHING ELSE!

Mine is an MB model.
    Ok but you said you jailbroke with snowbreeze. I don't belive snowbreeze is an official tool to jaibreak with which is probably why you are in the position you are in now. Do u have access to a Mac by any means that you will be allowed to perform the jailbreak on this video:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5qtVcfAdYw]YouTube - How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 With PwnageTool 4.01 & Preserve Baseband (Mac)[/ame]
    Last edited by JonnyBoy123; 2010-10-18 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
     Think Different.
    2010-10-18 05:29 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD